This is a small, intimate hotel right on the quieter end of Paynes Bay beach. We stayed during the second week of January when the hotel was about half full, which made it feel even smaller and more intimate. We found all the staff to be extremely friendly, helpful and (with one exception on one occasion) efficient. The meals are all excellent - the inclusive breakfast offers both hot and cold options, the lunch menu is varied and (by Barbados standards) reasonably priced and dinner is excellent with an impressive winelist. We ate in 4 nights and out 3 nights and the fare at Kathy's (the new name for the hotel restaurant previously known as "Al Fresco" bears comparison in terms of quality and particularly value with the better restaurants on the west coast. We found the only downside of eating in was the lack of atmosphere down to so few people dining and it's a pity the restaurant doesn't seem to promote itself to non-residents as hard as it might. The barbeque after the Tuesday evening managers cocktail party was particularly impressive, with Kirk, the locally born and raised but foreign trained chef, taking great pride in cooking his meat in and on a barbeque/smoker which looks like a replica of Stephenson's Rocket!
We were delighted with the room, spacious and clean, with plenty of hot water. Indeed we had booked a garden room but after one night were upgraded to an ocean view room which was spectacular. The new hotel manager, Jason Patterson is friendly, hard working and attentive and clearly set on achieving the highest standards.
If you are looking for somewhere friendly, quiet and relaxing in a great location, Treasure Beach is highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treasure Beach Hotel & Spa represents one the finest and most popular hotels in Barbados. Located on one of the most stunning sandy beaches in Barbados, this 35-room all suite charming boutique hotel. With the beautiful Caribbean Sea as your backdrop. Located on one of the most stunning sandy beaches in Barbados, this hotel is set in lush, tropical gardens. The resort's sumptuous suites form a horseshoe shape around the fresh water pool. The newly modernized hotel rooms are cool and airy and contemporary in design. The new Deluxe suites include private plunge pools that overlook the inviting Caribbean Sea. Delicious offerings are available in Kathy's Restaurant; enjoy fresh local ingredients as you dine under the stars in this award winning eatery. Our new Spa Suite is very popular with guests where you relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Jetsetter, Venere and Otel so you can book your Treasure Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Beach Saint James
- Treasure Beach Barbados/Saint James Parish