My wife and I spent a week at the excellent Treasure Beach hotel in early December 2012. We chose this option from the package holiday provider’s website as we were attracted by its size and location. We wanted somewhere quiet to relax for a week in the sun and that is exactly what Treasure Beach delivered.
On arrival the reception area seemed small but as we were the only couple on the airport transit bus staying at Treasure Beach this presented no problems. We were received by polite, friendly and informative staff who offered complimentary drinks during check-in.
We stayed in a ground floor, pool view suite which was clean and well maintained. We had a double bedroom, large en-suite bathroom and a separate lounge area that opened onto a shaded porch. All our living spaces were cleaned to a high standard every day and the complimentary Wi-Fi was an added bonus.
The hotel has a beautifully maintained garden, pool and lawn area. The pool is quite small but not many people used it due to the close proximity of the beach. It is hard to resist the soft white sand and clear blue sea at Payne’s Bay. The sun beds and shades are all in good condition and set up by hotel staff every morning. Fruit kebabs are offered to hotel patrons on the beach around mid-morning and cold flannels are provided during the day. We were approached by a variety of beach vendors but they appeared to be well regulated and were not persistent or intimidating.
At breakfast the general manager introduced himself to new guests and took the time to check that all others were enjoying their stay. The hotel has only one bar/restaurant and although covered it is technically an outside space and therefore without air-conditioning. While I fully appreciate the manager’s desire to maintain high standards, the dress code of trousers and enclosed shoes for men does make dinner a little uncomfortable on hot evenings. We dined in the restaurant on four occasions and found the food to be excellent. Service was a little slow at peak times but that is the case in most hotels I have stayed in if all the guests decide to dine at the same time. The manager’s cocktail reception and barbecue were well attended and complimentary afternoon tea is served in the restaurant at 4pm every day. The hotel also offers a gym and spa facility but we did not use either of these during our stay.
There are bus stops outside the hotel and we used the local bus service on several occasions to travel into Holetown and Bridgetown. Holetown, although small, is about 10 minutes away and features all the usual facilities including a new shopping mall and a number of bars and restaurants. There is also a service station/convenience store close to the hotel.
My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Treasure Beach and although I wouldn’t recommend it to families travelling with teenage children it met our needs perfectly and we will definitely return in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Beach Saint James
- Treasure Beach Hotel
- Treasure Beach Barbados
- Treasure Beach Barbados/Saint James Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treasure Beach Hotel & Spa represents one the finest and most popular hotels in Barbados. Located on one of the most stunning sandy beaches in Barbados, this 35-room all suite charming boutique hotel. With the beautiful Caribbean Sea as your backdrop. Located on one of the most stunning sandy beaches in Barbados, this hotel is set in lush, tropical gardens. The resort's sumptuous suites form a horseshoe shape around the fresh water pool. The newly modernized hotel rooms are cool and airy and contemporary in design. The new Deluxe suites include private plunge pools that overlook the inviting Caribbean Sea. Delicious offerings are available in Kathy's Restaurant; enjoy fresh local ingredients as you dine under the stars in this award winning eatery. Our new Spa Suite is very popular with guests where you relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere, HotelsClick, Travelocity, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Treasure Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.