We stayed in Room 12, having booked a garden view room we got a clear view of the Ocean from the 1st Floor, so that was really a great start. This hotel is a little dated and really is a good 3.5 Star hotel but charges out at higher rates for food and drinks. We paid 1124 Pounds Sterling for flight (UK) and seven nights from Virgin, this deal could not be bettered.
Our clean suite was a decent size, with comfy bed, pillows and nice sheets and a modern bathroom, two person shower unit, but slightly noisy plumbing, The room could do with some more art and pictures to brighten it up, just bland. TV was modern and worked.
Breakfast was a buffet style which basically did not change apart from the type of potatoes, the selection (especially cereals) could be broadened. We did have great custom made Omelettes (ask for local spicy style) and the best crispy bacon.
The beach and gardens are very pleasant, however there is a lack of shade in the garden and I can imagine it high season getting a little crowded. The race for towels on the beds started from around 7am, with many users not using them till 10am, POOR. Lunch did not change during the week and some dishes seemed expensive for what they were, 48 B dollars for a fried dorado fish starter, which was good, 32 for a club sandwich. Service was accurate and prompt.
Cold towels and fruit kebabs were a nice touch, as was afternoon tea and sandwiches, but we only used once, as we tended to explore in the afternoons.
We did not eat dinner at the restaurant, as we ate breakfast there everyday and the whole area really does lack a little style and elegance, but the prices are still 5 star. We did not like the fact that you had to eat either two or three courses at a fixed price, sometimes we like 4 starters for instance. The bar area is small and again just bland, the rum punches were good, but the choice of Rums very limited...
We did not use the SPA as we saw the prices for the Massages worked out at around 90 pounds sterling, which frankly internationally speaking are absurb. Outside facilities were much less.
It's easy to list complaints, however we did enjoy the experience at the price we paid, we would be disappointed to pay anywhere near the prices on their website, especially in the high season
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treasure Beach Hotel & Spa represents one the finest and most popular hotels in Barbados. Located on one of the most stunning sandy beaches in Barbados, this 35-room all suite charming boutique hotel. With the beautiful Caribbean Sea as your backdrop. Located on one of the most stunning sandy beaches in Barbados, this hotel is set in lush, tropical gardens. The resort's sumptuous suites form a horseshoe shape around the fresh water pool. The newly modernized hotel rooms are cool and airy and contemporary in design. The new Deluxe suites include private plunge pools that overlook the inviting Caribbean Sea. Delicious offerings are available in Kathy's Restaurant; enjoy fresh local ingredients as you dine under the stars in this award winning eatery. Our new Spa Suite is very popular with guests where you relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Treasure Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Beach Saint James
- Treasure Beach Barbados/Saint James Parish