“Segregation at it's worst” 1 of 5 stars

You added Sandy Lane Hotel to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Sandy Lane Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Sandy Lane, BB24024, Barbados   |
“Segregation at it's worst”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

My new husband and I had considered Sandy Lane for our honeymoon but decided on an alternative option. Nonetheless we were eager to check out the hotel on our arrival, and walked over to it for a drink and to have some lunch. We arrived at the gate but were not allowed entry unless we knew a guest or had a reservation. The security guard was extremely rude, and I felt so humiliated. I come from Ireland, a place where everybody is treated with respect, and where you are not going to be refused entry to an establishment, especially if you are willing to pay! I felt so awful leaving that hotel. It ruined a part of our honeymoon, and unfortunately is the one memory from Barbados that stands out in my mind.

Stayed April 2013

482 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Sandy Lane is one of the most luxurious hotels in the world. Nothing is too much trouble for any of the amazing and hard working staff. The food is fantastic from the most opulent breakfast choices to lunch and dinner. With a selection of restaurants within the hotel including the beach and the Spa as well as the stunning golf club.
At the beach a personal remote control brings over an attentive member of the team to bring water, tiny iced cups of sorbet, whatever you need including cleaning your sunglasses!
The spa is one of the most calming and stunning areas.
The beach bar is the best place to watch the sunset with a rum punch. This is a hotel of distinction.

Room Tip: The turtle suites are directly on the beach but I would advise a 1st floor room so you get a good vi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Sandy Lane, Wow. Its hard to stay somewhere else after a stay at Sandy Lane. The staff seem to do everything you wish would be done for a vacation. They even think of the things you have not even thought about. I've stayed at many five star resorts, Four Season, St. Regis, Ritz Carlton, and the One & Only but none compare to Sandy Lane. Best Food, Best Pools, Best Gym and most importantly the BEST SERVICE!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The Sandy Lane is one of the best hotels in the world. Every time we go we have a great time and come home so relaxed. The spa is amazing and is a must for everyone. A few days lying on the beach with a cocktail or two makes you never want to go home!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

probably the nicest hotel ive ever stayed in, luxurious with amazing views of the caribbean sea. so romantic and all of the staff very friendly. amazing spa services too. breakfast was very good with a wide spread. top drawer restaurants in the hotel and spotless room service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I've always wanted to visit Sandy Lane and my husband & I recently escaped there for a few days to celebrate the imminent arrival of our third child. We were looking forward to luxuriating and doing nothing and sought a resort with a nice beach, good spa, excellent service & a high level of comfort. We could not have been happier. We were upgraded upon arrival & treated so warmly the entire time. We tend to travel well, and very often find things don't live up to our expectations. Sandy Lane was the first resort we both honestly felt was worth its high price for the quality afforded. Met so many nice people and it wasn't a place where people were showy or had attitude. A high class establishment that we thoroughly enjoyed. We cannot wait to go back!!

Room Tip: If you can get oceanfront, go for it. The outdoor patio is a fabulous place to relax & take in...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I spent a week at Sandy Lane recently to get some much needed R&R & winter sun after the cold snap here in the UK & I can't stress enough what a tonic it was after a seriously hectic period in my life.
We were met on arrival at the hotel by the Management team & were made to feel truly welcome instantly. What is noticeable is that in all areas of the hotel, staff are ready to acknowledge you with a smile & a greeting & they all seem truly happy in their work which is good to see.
During my stay, I foolishly lost a diamond ring in the sand near my sun lounger on the beach. Security were on hand instantly to assist with a metal detector & it was soon located & disaster averted & I am truly grateful for their help. The beach staff really stood out for me on this trip & they were always extremely efficient, kind & helpful & the new manager, Christian seems to have really made a difference.
Also worthy of note is my new favourite food, the Tandoor oven in Bajan Blue, with chicken & shrimp cooked to perfection by the new Indian Chef from Jaipur who is absolutely delightful.
I'm looking forward to returning soon, of that there can be no doubt!

Room Tip: This time we stayed in a ground floor room with direct beach access, however I think I prefer rooms...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandy Lane Hotel? Share your experiences!