“I Keep Going Back” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ruskin, Florida
“I Keep Going Back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have been to this resort several times, and I am always very pleased with the resort, accomodations and the staff. Barbados is the most beautiful island and Cystal Cove is a reasonably priced all inclusive resort on the island's west coast. The resorts pools, beach and bar area were always great. I think they could offer more food selections, but what they had was sufficient. The location was easy to reach from the airport and a very short bus or taxi ride away from Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap. I highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We have just returned from 14 glorious nights at Crystal Cove.
From before we even arrived on the Island it was perfect. Lisa, the wedding co-ordinator is just the most amazing woman, nothing is to much trouble, no question or request is ignored and even when I asked really silly questions, Lisa always came back with the answers and never made me feel silly.
When we arrived at the airport, included in our package was a meet and greet service and luxury car transfers. We were greeted and whisked through customs, our only delay was the collection of the suitcases which couldn't be helped. Waiting for us outside was a beautiful Mercedes, leather seats and air conditioning. David was our driver, he was lovely, very knowledgeable and courteous. David delivered us safely and we were greeted at Crystal with a lovely rum punch and a cool towel.
Our bags were taken to our room as we completed the registration forms, this took moments. We were then shown to our room 131 and could not believe how beautiful it was, it was almost in the pool, the sea view was just perfect. Inside the room we had two bathrooms, a sitting room and a gorgeous bedroom with the biggest most comfiest bed we have ever slept in.
Lisa met with us and explained what would happen and when in regards to the wedding, we needed to go into Bridgetown to register the wedding on the Monday, transport had already been arranged by Lisa and everything was stress free, we needed to take with us certain documents but Lisa had kept us informed of these and reminded us on many occasions.
We had a couples massage in our room, both young ladies were very good and ensured that we were both relaxed and ready for the wedding.
I then had a manicure and pedicure, the young lady was fantastic, she spent hours with me making sure that I had a full service and was happy with it. She was so friendly and professional and made a lovely job of my nails.
Later in the afternoon we were met by Bill the colour box photographer, we would highly recommend him, he's amazing. He discussed with us what our package included and what else he could offer us he then went through all the extra costs if we choose to take any extra images/video.
The morning of the wedding we were greeted by Lisa with strawberries and Champagne, Lisa explained exactly what was going to happen as the day progressed.
The hairdresser and make up artist arrived and the pamper session began. Again nothing was to much trouble, my hair and make up was even better than I had imagined, she followed the images I had brought with me and improved on them giving me the perfect look for the wedding, I was so pleased with it.
The wedding ceremony was perfect, it was so magical we travelled alone and I was concerned that we would feel alone but Lisa and Celeste were our witnesses and other members of staff were on hand to ensure that everything went perfectly, even guests at the hotel attended our wedding and everyone really enjoyed it.
The hotel and our stay:
As I have said the hotel is amazing, the reception is open and very welcoming, the staff on reception are very helpful Shane in particular, after we left he sent me an email informing me that I had left my phone in the safe, luckily we were still on the Island so could return to collect it.

In the cave bar, Victor is always on hand to offer a refreshing drink, once you have ordered a few drinks Victor remembers your order and will have it waiting for you when he sees you coming along.
Joan manages the restaurant, and she is fantastic, so friendly and funny always welcomes you with a smile and ready to have a chat and catch up on your day. All staff in the restaurant are brilliant but Marisa and "baby" are always there with a smile, ensuring that your every need is catered for and are always happy to chat with you about your stay, asking if everything was ok. The food is beautiful and variety is plentiful, however if you are a fussy eater and find nothing on the menu you like, just ask as the staff will get it for you.

Stephen is on hand daily walking around resort and along the beach with jelly, ice lollies and drinks for anyone who like.
The beach is lovely, always clean and the sun beds all have shades for when the heat is getting a little too much, and there are plenty of them, in the two weeks were stayed there was always many empty beds you would never struggle to find a bed.
The pool guys are out every day at 6am cleaning the pool and beach area, its immaculate.
The guys on the beach are not connected to the hotel and offer you jet skis and boat trips for the turtles amongst other trips, they are great guys and not pushy, if you say no they are great, still have a chat with you and then move on.
We went with Rick and Roddy twice on their glass bottom boat for the turtle trip, they are great offering drinks and photos for free and have an amazing way with the turtles. I have no idea how Rick does it but he brings them to you! We saw many and touched many turtles on one trip we also saw a sting ray.
Sam is also on the beach, he does the jet skis and is always willing to offer you a deal, a great chap, very knowledgeable and funny.
The free water sports are fantastic, the guys are very friendly and always there to help beginners. We took the hobby cat out twice with "skipper" he was very good showing us how to sail but also allowing us to sit back and enjoy the ride. We also made use of the banana ride and the ringo's, we loved these just a word of warning, if you would like the motorised water sports arrived early to book your slot as they do go quickly.

All in all we would recommend Crystal cove to all, families and couples. This hotel is the most perfect place you can visit, we loved it.
Clean, great location, amazing staff. This is a small hotel with a huge heart, everyone is proud to work there and it shows ensuring that every guest has the best holiday they could have.

We had the most amazing magical wedding and honeymoon at Crystal cove it was so much better than we could ever of imagined and we know it couldn't have been any better or even close if we had got married anywhere else.
We arrived on 17/08/13 married on the 20th and sadly had to leave on the 31st, we will return, once you have been here you will want to return too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We spent a week in Crystal Cove in August 2013 and it was fantastic. We arrived on Sunday to a very warm welcome from the staff and a nice cold drink and cold towel. Our room was a ground floor room with garden and sea view. The view was just amazing! We were married in Crystal Cove on the Wednesday and it was honestly a dream come true! It couldn't have been more perfect. The staff on the big day were fantastic especially Lisa Ward who went over and beyond to make our day even more special. The resort itself is great, and the food was fantastic with a huge selection. Could not fault anything from our time spent in Crystal Cove and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We were in room 111 and it was very quiet yet only a few steps from the beach/pools. The rooms right...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We've just returned from 14 nights at Crystal Cove and it was a truly fabulous holiday. Traveling with my husband two children (age 8 and 9), we arrived to a very warm welcome and rum punch. We were initially put in a one bedroom loft style suite with the guarantee that we could move the following morning to a one bedroom single story suite if we weren't happy. The loft style suite was a bit tired and good to their word, when we requested a move it was handled very efficiently and our next room was very bright, airy and modern.

The food was excellent in both restaurants and the staff could not have been more friendly or happy to help.

There are three swimming pools which are clean and never seemed overly busy and the beach is literally on the doorstep with plenty of sunbeds with canopies to keep off the sun. We made great use of all the free watersports including banana boats, hobby cats, rings and were given a fantastic waterskiing lesson - including both the children!

A massive plus was the kids club. Although we've never used them before, the kids were begging to go everyday. The care is fabulous and the kids were constantly entertained with crafts, sports and games which obviously meant happy parents chilling by the pool.

The resort is very clean and well maintained although probably due for a spruce up shortly.

To sum up we would definitely consider returning to this fabulous resort. We couldn't fault Barbados and felt very relaxed and happy after our fortnight.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from an eight day stay at Crystal Cove. We had originally booked Couples Barbados but because of the negative reviews after their official conversion, we didn't want to take the risk. Being that we've been to Cancun four times and once to Jamaica staying at adults only properties, Crystal Cove was our first family friendly resort. We don't particularly care to be around kids while on our vacations but that being said, most of the kids were pretty well behaved.
The resort is a smaller property which was nice but it is very outdated. We booked the basic room and it was rather small with a bathroom that was equivalent to Motel 6. The shower, by a bad design, leaked water on the floor each time. However, it was clean and kept cool by a well functioning air conditioner. We did not like that for the price we paid for even the basic room that bottled water and a mini bar was not provided, which we have been spoiled with at other resorts.
There are only two restaurants on the property but weren't both open each day. We had breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Reflections mostly. Reservations were required with the exception of themed buffet nights. The food quality was good and we enjoyed getting to eat the flying fish and macaroni pie. The service at each meal time was spot on and everyone we encountered was always nice and accommodating. Our only exception was when we had dinner at Drifters one evening and after our main course was served, no one ever came back to refill our drinks or offer us dessert, which was very frustrating.
The cocktails were strong and plentiful! We mostly drank mojitos but sampled the cocktail menu and enjoyed them all. Big shout out to Sheldon, Victor, and Hubert for making us great drinks and keeping us entertained. Stephen, who comes by daily on the beach to serve waters, juices, and such made us an unforgettable mojito!
The beach was beautiful and there were always plenty of lounge chairs. I will say that we were very annoyed that each day we were approached by guys, who weren't affiliated with the property, to purchase jet ski rides. You'd figure they'd get the hint after being turned down daily, but they were relentless. They would even approach you as we were embracing each other in the water. We did like that water sports were included but wish they'd make it a private beach so locals can't bother you with selling their crafts and such.
There were three pools onsite with one having the swim-up Cave Bar. We liked it but since that is mostly where the kids were, we didn't like that they were allowed to take their drinks in the pool because most of them would spill their drinks or play with them in the pool.
We did take a trip to Oistens on Friday night with some fellow Americans we had met and had a good time, so I would highly recommend trying it out. I will say that this is the first island we've visited where we felt completely safe to take a taxi and leave the resort.
Overall, we loved Barbados but would not return to Crystal Cove. We feel we paid too much for what we received and realized how much we appreciated adults only properties.

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We joined our good friends for a relaxing 10 day break whilst our sons' took part in a school cricket tour across the island.
On arrival we were welcomed by the friendly staff with cocktails and cooling body-cloths to stunning views of the coastline.
Our accommodation (3 superior sea view rooms sleeping a total of 8) were spacious, very comfortable and in keeping with the surrounding beauty of this Caribbean island.
The food (and drink) was fantastic - try and get through the extensive cocktail list (i think we tried most).
Pools, although small, are well designed, maintained and perfectly situated close to the hotel amenities including rooms, restaurants, reception, child care centre, gym and of course fantastic beach and water sports!
Try the complementary water-sports which are very safe and good fun. We also paid for jet-skis - my advice would be to arrange through Duane who is a trustworthy independent.
We also played tennis (opposite the hotel) and was joined by a monkey at one point!!
Catamaran trip = recommend the "calabaza" and if you wish to eat out in luxury - try The Cliff - say no more...
Would definitely return to the Crystal Cove which is a perfect place to relax in the Caribbean island if Barbados.

• Stayed July 2013
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I do not normally write reviews, but in this case having just read a review by another visitor felt I had to. I visited Crystal Cove 28/07/13 for 14 nights in a one bedroom suite. the suite was spacious and clean with everything you require on a resort holiday, our one minor complaint the sofa bed my son used was in need of some TLC. Yes I agree with some visitors the paintwork was in need of some improvement but it was not a major issue and only the very picky would complain. Remember this is a 24/7 resort.
Regarding the restaurant I preffered Reflections however Drifters was fine for less informal evenings. It was obvious however that when it rained the staff found it difficult to cope with everybody in reflections. The food was fine for a resort all inclusive hotel.
I agree with the comment about the public toilets but rooms where less than one or two minutes from anywhere in the resort.
I have travelled all over Europe, Indian ocean and Africa. I have stayed at better hotels but this hotel does what it says on the tin, it provides good food in a relaxing environment, with very good service, a special mention for Stephen on the beach.
We would return to Crystal Cove. anyone who wants a relaxing holiday with good water sports then I would say Crystal Cove is for you. Not for wheelchair users or the very old( im 66 with two replacment knees and I had no trouble.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crystal Cove? Share your experiences!