From start to finish this was the best holiday my wife and I have ever had, and Beechview had a major role in making this happen.
I am very particular where I stay and expect very high standards, and Beechview delivered and exceeded these expectations before, throughout, and after our stay.
Before we even left the UK for Barbados, I had a number of requests that I emailed to Carrie, and they we all addressed very quickly and professionally. My main request was that we have an apartment on a high floor with an ocean view (this must be the standard request, as surely everyone must want this), and our room (308) was exactly what we asked for.
Tony the tiger (yes that’s his name) picked us up at the airport and was very friendly throughout our journey to Beechview, when we arrived; Carrie, Robin and the team greeted us and showed us to our room. To our delight, we found we had been given the middle room on the top floor (room 308), it was the perfect start to our holiday. We got to see the sunrise and sunset everyday (this is not to be missed).
All the facilities at Beechview are of the highest quality, and the fact you had a fully fitted kitchen, washer / dryer and massive lounge area in your room makes it that much better. We quickly connected to the free wifi access without any trouble.
I booked Beechview based on the great reviews on trip advisor, so there is no real need to reiterate how great this place is, trust me it really is that good. I cannot believe that anyone could give Beechview negative feedback, as the team is so efficient and friendly, every request is taken care of straightaway.
The location is excellent, as we wanted a chilled out stay away from the touristy commercialised areas in and around Bridgetown, and are not really fussed about nightclubs and bars. We loved the nearby town of Holetown which had everything we wanted, from a Supercentre supermarket at the West Coast Mall to some excellent places to eat.
Unfortunately while we there the numbers for Robins (owner of Beechview) cocktail party were too low for it to take place, but I am sure we will be able to this next time we return (we decided on day 1 that we will be going back)
Five places that were great to eat and I would highly recommend, as my wife is vegetarian and these places all cater for vegetarians.
1. The Roti den – simple tasty food at a reasonable price
2. The Tides – one of the best places we ate on the island, a real treat that should not be missed
3. Zaccios in Holetown– great ocean views and very tasty food, we loved their hot bajan sauce (we actually bought back two big bottles of the stuff)
4. On Thursday, Friday and Saturday, local barbeque food stand 10 minutes walk down the road. We were told the chef used to be head chef at the Sandy Lane hotel – chicken or fish, rice and salad for £7 , very tasty
5.On Friday and Saturday, local barbeque food stand over the road next to the fish market. I had blue marlin, salad and rice with lamb gravy for £7, and my wife had vegetarian macaroni pie, salad and rice for £5. Big portions and very tasty.
We went on 2 trips that we very very good and we would highly recommend both, as these were recommended to us by the team at Beechview, and we throughly enjoyed them.
1. Atlantis submarine trip.
2. All day Cool running’s catamaran trip.
I don’t think that we could have asked for a better trip and better hotel, their location, facilities, the staff are second to none.
We are already planning our next trip back to Barbados and there is only one place where we would want to stay, that is the Beechview. Well done Robin & Carrie for running an extremely efficient and tight ship.
Thank you Robin, Carrie and the Beechview Team, we hope to see you soon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach View is a small self-catering condo hotel, located on Barbados's beautiful West Coast. All suites feature full kitchens and open plan living and dining areas offering fantastic ocean or garden views. A large communal pool area with separate adult and children's pools, bistro style cafe, rooftop bar, in room grocery stocking, airport transfers and a range of other convenient services combine to provide all the ingredients for a totally hassle free holiday. Winner of Certificate of Excellence 4 years running and Traveler's Choice award for 'Best Service' 2 years running! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Beach View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach View Saint James
- Beach View Hotel Saint James
- Beach View Barbados/Saint James Parish