Family of 4 with 2 boys, 11 & 13, we stayed for 9 nights in mid July. The 2 bedroom apartments are very pretty, and kept spotless - ceramic floors, granite counters in kitchen, 2 bathrooms, nice living and dining area, washer and dryer - but the best part is the veranda. We were on the 3rd floor and the views of the sea were beautiful. Sunsets, sunrises, fisherman's boats, perfect.
The pool was nice too - they provide a toy barrel full of masks and goggles for the kids. Towels are also provided for both the pool and beach.
Grocery shopping can be done for you before you arrive - worth it if you arrive later in the day. Put your feet up with a Banks beer on the veranda and breathe in the sea air.
As many have posted, you have to let Melissa or Atticus make your breakfast at the Hut - he's great to talk with and will give you directions to sites and beach tips.
It's nice to stay at a property that is Bajan owned - that was a plus. Robin and his daughter Carrie do a great job.
It's a good idea to rent a car and tour the island. Very easy, safe, Bajan people go out of their way to help you if you make a wrong turn.
The only downer about Beachview is that there isn't a beach right in front. You can cross the street and walk down a bit but you run into other properties and although all beaches are public, you may feel like an intruder.
The street noise - you get used to it - it starts about 6am as everyone heads out to work, etc. My family slept just fine.
But - there are soooo many fabulous beaches on Barbados (again, rent a car). You can visit a different one every day. Try Miami (Enterprise), Batts Rock, Crane, Heywoods, Bathsheba (for the view). It goes on and on.
Many restaurants too - if you have a family and are watching your budget, try Just Grillin up the road, Fisherman's Pub in Speightstown, Oistins (more than once if possible!). St Lawrence Gap has street vendors that sell chicken and macaroni pie. All good and reasonable - and Bajan!
Thanks to the Beach View staff. Thanks to the Bajan people. You are in a class by yourselves!
- Also Known As:
- Beach View Hotel
- Beach View Saint James
- Beach View Hotel Saint James
- Beach View Barbados/Saint James Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach View is a small self-catering condo hotel, located on Barbados’s beautiful West Coast. All suites feature full kitchens and living and dining areas that open on to large patios with fantastic ocean or garden views. A large communal pool area with separate adult and children’s pools, bistro style cafe, in room grocery stocking, airport transfers and a range of other convenient services combine to provide all the ingredients for a totally hassle free holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Beach View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.