My husband and I stayed at the Beach view from may29th-june 6th. This was a Birthday present and i was not real excited when i saw the place.My husband and I have been to six Caribbean islands and also to Mexico and Hawaii. so we know what we like. I want to say that we are not snobs nor do we have tastes beyond just your normal hard worker looking for a nice place to stay for a week's holiday. So please note i just want other travelers to know exactly what to expect, so as not to get their hopes up, only to be as sorely disappointed as we were. The beach view is not a resort but an apartment building that backs up to someone's shack of a house. Which you can see from the parking lot just over the fence. Please read the negatives as it is true what another traveler said about the barking dogs and crowing rooster. The dogs barked constantly and the rooster crowed incessantly. We were given the worst of the rooms, as we got the ground floor and our television was not the flat screen that you see in someone elses photo but a small old 20 inch. We had ants (the small ones) in full force all over our bathroom floor every day, and a view of the parking lot from our bathroom and kitchen windows, although if we sat on the patio we could see the pool.The breakfast was limited just a bagel or toast and an egg with bacon on bread or a small cup of granola mixed with yogurt, extra was 10.00 American for a slice of banana bread with a bagel. The mosquito's are terrible so bring bug spray. The bed was extremely hard and we woke up every morning with terrible back aches. I have to say we were very disappointed overall with Barbados. The only saving grace was the weather was hot and sunny the whole week only raining a bit on our last day. We rode the buses every day for something to do and went to Holetown, which is very small. We shopped at their "mall' which was like 9 shops and chattel village is quaint for 18 dollar American t-shirts and post cards. If you like something to do when you travel it can get boring petty fast as there are no activities like pool bingo, volleyball and planned activities that nicer places offer. We also rode the rasta bus (the yellow buses) to Bridgetown once and shopped for 3 hours. Just know that if you purchase clothing it all smells very musty and we washed ours in the washer and dryer before packing any purchases. We only ate out 3 times. JUST GRILLIN in Holetown is inexpensive as has very good fish, also the surfside was 60 dollars with a shared desert and 2 sodas. The beach is across the street but it smelled terrible. We went for a very short walk as it is covered with fish heads from the paynes bay fish market that sits on it and very narrow so not a lot to sit and sun yourself. If you could stand the smell. We were choking one day while waiting for the bus as the bus stand is right near the beach. Speaking of choking every day as we were laying by the pool (since there was nothing else to do) we could smell a terrible acrid smoke smell from the local neighbor on the hill. He was constantly burning something and the smoke was intoxicating and very irritating to our lungs. Also along with the ants in the bathroom we had HUGE bug in the room the housed the washer and dryer one night we discovered it while laundering. Luckily we only saw the one. So in Summary you get what you pay for, we actually were considering booking at the Crane after 2 uncomfortable nights at the beach view, but since we booked as a package we figured we would just stick it out. But kept wishing we had gone back to Grand Cayman which is beautiful and we had a lot of fun at the MORIITT'S. Lot's of things to do there and gorgeous clean beaches. If you go to Barbados i think 4 days is plenty for what it offers and the beach view is cheap but nothing grand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach View is a small self-catering condo hotel, located on Barbados's beautiful West Coast. All suites feature full kitchens and open plan living and dining areas offering fantastic ocean or garden views. A large communal pool area with separate adult and children's pools, bistro style cafe, rooftop bar, in room grocery stocking, airport transfers and a range of other convenient services combine to provide all the ingredients for a totally hassle free holiday. Winner of Certificate of Excellence 4 years running and Traveler's Choice award for 'Best Service' 2 years running! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Beach View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach View Saint James
- Beach View Hotel Saint James
- Beach View Barbados/Saint James Parish