We have just returned from a 5 night stay at the Beach View. Located on the 'Platinum' West Coast, it allows you the same convenient access to Paynes Bay and the beautiful beaches beyond. The waves were uncharacteristically rough but ordinarily the hotel is ideally situated for gentle swimming and snorkelling with turtles. Despite being new, the complex is sympathetically designed with subtle, ambient night lighting. It has an excellent pool for chilling and swimming alike. The grounds are relatively small but pretty and immaculate. The entire complex is kept meticulous with even the sun lounges being cleaned every morning by attentive, thorough staff. The apartment itself was spacious, light and excellently equipped (including washing machine) with beautiful balconies. All the staff are professional but informal and friendly. Carrie in particular was very helpful and informative during the booking process - the pre-order option of groceries was a nice touch especially as we had arrived late. The hut provided a quiet refuge during the day offering low-key healthy breakfasts and simple lunches. The only reason that I could not give the hotel an 'Excellent' rating for location was due to the road that runs in front of the apartments. The design is clever in that you cannot see the road but noise from traffic and the colorful sounds of the Bajan horns are never really far away! There is not a great variety of restaurants within easy walking distance, unless you can afford The Cliff! BUT the busses run regularly and are a great way to explore the local area for $1.50. I recommend the 'yellow' busses for a unique and colorful experience. Daphne's is just along the beach and has great cocktails on the beach (Happy Hour between 5-7!). I would absolutely recommend the Beach View to a friend on the provisor they are aware of the road.
- Also Known As:
- Beach View Hotel
- Beach View Saint James
- Beach View Hotel Saint James
- Beach View Barbados/Saint James Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach View is a small self-catering condo hotel, located on Barbados’s beautiful West Coast. All suites feature full kitchens and living and dining areas that open on to large patios with fantastic ocean or garden views. A large communal pool area with separate adult and children’s pools, bistro style cafe, in room grocery stocking, airport transfers and a range of other convenient services combine to provide all the ingredients for a totally hassle free holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Beach View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.