Just back from Barbados and this was our 5th trip. Previously stayed in a hotel up the road which is very good but has gone upmarket and is now very expensive as we need 2 bedrooms! So Beach View was ideal for us as we like Paynes Bay beach, the proximity to restaurants/shops etc in Holetown and our independence.
Barbados West Coast is very expensive, so £350 daily for a 2 bed apartment+ all the facilities is reasonable value.
Apartment was better than we hoped for - very clean, smart, big and the wifi was free and worked 24/7. All the staff were excellent.
We booked 'Tony (the tiger!) taxi driver' or his mate, daily and they were friendly, helpful and on time! Standard fare (single) to get to Holetown (3 kms) 25 B$ or 12US$ equiv to £8. We often walked there by beach + road and taxi'd back with our supermarket shopping. The 'hut' onsite has a good choice of breakfasts (20B$, 10 US$ or £7) or lunchtime snacks.
Across the road is a fresh fish stall - a brilliant find and excellent value (if you like fish!) Portions all filleted individually - tried Mahi mahi and swordfish - 4 portions = approx 25B$ or 12US$
Used chairs and snorkels from the office and took onto the beach just next to The House - it had sun + shade from the trees and was quiet and empty - bliss!!.
Only niggle as others have pointed out is the noise from the road. Once you're on the beach other buildings block the sound and in the apartment it's quiet but by the pool it is noisy (take an ipod!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach View is a small self-catering condo hotel, located on Barbados's beautiful West Coast. All suites feature full kitchens and open plan living and dining areas offering fantastic ocean or garden views. A large communal pool area with separate adult and children's pools, bistro style cafe, rooftop bar, in room grocery stocking, airport transfers and a range of other convenient services combine to provide all the ingredients for a totally hassle free holiday. Winner of Certificate of Excellence 4 years running and Traveler's Choice award for 'Best Service' 2 years running! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Beach View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach View Saint James
- Beach View Hotel Saint James
- Beach View Barbados/Saint James Parish