I have always failed to find the time to write reviews on TA despite using it myself to guide my bookings but on this occasion it seemed important to echo the praise of the other views despite the doomed jet lag and serious post-holiday blues!
I will spare you all the details of what to see and do in Barbados as it is down to personal taste but I will be sure to recommend Beach View to anyone who is thinking of taking on a vacation Bajan style.
This is without a doubt the most welcoming and best value accommodation I have stayed in as it offers everything and more you could require from the platinum coast. Yes it is across the road from the beach but it is no more than a 5 minute walk to the same spot you would otherwise pay a lot more money to lie on! Loungers are easily available to rent and are very reasonable once you build a relationship with the locals manning them. It also means that you are more likely to jump in a car or on the excellent buses which stop very close-by and explore some of the numerous spots along the coastline which are far more secluded and offer a little piece of your own paradise! Robin and his family and staff make you feel very welcome throughout your stay and everyone will greet with you with a happy smile and assist you in whichever way they can no matter what time of day. The weekly cocktails at Robin's spectacular house are a very unique and generous touch and one which we enjoyed immensely. The condo's themselves are very spacious, impeccably clean and well appointed. The bed is the biggest I have ever slept (very comfortably) in!! The pool area is also very clean and there are always a lot of loungers available without a mad rush. The hut is perfect for breakfast and will set you up for the day. There are no shortage of fantastic places to eat lunch/dinner within a small radius of Beach View, who will happily assist with reservations and always get you great tables! Alternatively, the local fish market and supermarkets are more than adequate! The security on the site is also excellent and is present 24/7 (not that the area felt unsafe in any way though).
All in all, in my opinion this is definitely the place to stay if you are a family or more independent traveller who is looking to explore and if you prefer a more personal holiday.
- Also Known As:
- Beach View Hotel
- Beach View Saint James
- Beach View Hotel Saint James
- Beach View Barbados/Saint James Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach View is a small self-catering condo hotel, located on Barbados’s beautiful West Coast. All suites feature full kitchens and living and dining areas that open on to large patios with fantastic ocean or garden views. A large communal pool area with separate adult and children’s pools, bistro style cafe, in room grocery stocking, airport transfers and a range of other convenient services combine to provide all the ingredients for a totally hassle free holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Beach View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.