“Very Professional!” 5 of 5 stars

Jaipur, India
10 attraction reviews
“Very Professional!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Really enjoyed our couple of dives with Andrew.
Everything was done at a good pace and all the equipment was in good condition.
Andrew was very polite and Professional!
id recommend eco dive to anyone :)

Memphis, Tennessee
5 attraction reviews
“Help when you need it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I booked a two dive with Eco divers for May 27th. I was picked up on time from my hotel lobby and joined a group of 4 other divers that day. Andrew went over some safety tips with us and his expectations of us as divers. He is very Eco conscious and lets you know he will not be disturbing the reef or life in any way, which I support. Andrew also lets you know he is a guide and there to help, not to babysit, it is up to you, as a certified adult diver, to stay with the group. He promised a slow laid back dive and he delivered. As we reached the spot I noticed the waters were rougher than I was used to but I wasn't worried, until I entered the water. I was getting thrown a good bit by some good size swells while I waited for the others divers to enter. Just as we were starting our decent and i was focusing on the task at hand, I got blindsided by a good size wave. The wave knocked the reg out of my mouth and I swallowed a good bit of sea water. I noticed I was now the only diver still above the water and i was choking a bit on the water. Andrew resurfaced, gave me a smile and let me know to calm it and take my time if I needed. I was able to get down fine after that and went on with my dive. It was a good dive, saw turtles, eels and other marine life. The surges were pretty strong that day but all in all, a good dive. Everyone seemed to be doing fine. As we reached the end of our dive I noticed a burning in my stomach, wasn't feeling well. Once we got closer to the surface and I felt those rough waters again it was clear to me it wasn't going to end well. We hit the surface andIi let Andrew know I felt pretty sick and feeling sicker all the time. He grabbed my BC and held on to me while we waited for the boat. I was getting greener by the second. He helped me back to the boat, got my fins off, and assisted me up the ladder. Once I hit the deck, well, lets just say over the side I went. Sorry again to the poor divers still in the water as I proceeded to vomit off the side. There were other diver masters on board who quickly helped me get out of the rest of my gear. I laid down and Andrew told me we were heading back to drop me off. He was very kind and told me "no worries, happens to us all". He took good care of me. Made sure my equipment was rinsed (i brought my own) and packed up all my stuff for me, helped me to the truck and they took me back to my hotel. He never made me feel like a burden nor ignore my needs. He was helpful and attentive, what more can you ask from a dive master...he was there when he was needed. I have never gotten sick before diving or boating, I have to wonder if that big gulp of sea water did me in...but I would absolutely dive with Andrew again and highly recommend using Eco. thanks Andrew

Fort Collins, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
“Most professional operation we've had the opportunity to dive with!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

My experience with Eco Dive Barbados - and Andrew Western - was flawless from the start. From my original email inquiry to the immediate response and professional correspondence prior to our dives, we knew we were going to be in good hands with Andrew. Upon arriving via cruise ship in Barbados, Andrew was punctual, professional, fun, and informative. Not only did we experience wonderful dives with him, but he provided us with directions to beaches/restaurants, etc. within immediate walking distance of the dive shop so we were able to thoroughly enjoy the rest of our time on the island. Andrew and Mikey (dive boat captain) were both incredibly helpful, went above and beyond to ensure our dives were effortless, and were all around fun to be with. We're experienced divers and have worked with several dive shops in multiple locations, and Eco Dive was by far one of the best.

Adelaide, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“Diving from celebrity eclipse ship”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Organised trip before leaving Australia and wanted great dives and punctuality as we were in town literally for 8 hours. We wanted some time to check out Barbados as well. Andrew picked is up from pier on time and delivered what we expected and had a fantastic time. I would highly recommend ecodive but Andrew is a large personality. He has strong views and rules (lots) but at the end of the day he spent the time explaining and setting expectations that optimises your dive experience and also curtesy to your fellow diver so everyone has a good time. It also makes for a safe diving experience even when we ended up with unexpected strong currents and literally had to hang on and watch the sea life around us. Our second dive was in the bay with 5 wrecks and it was great. Andrew and mikey are both courteous and helpful and andrew is very passionate about diving and has a wealth of knowledge and experience that I respect even after diving for 23 years. If you don't like being told or taught go somewhere else. If you want to learn what diving and curtesy to other divers is about and have a dive experience book with andrew, I certainly will if I get to Barbados again.

Visited April 2014
5 attraction reviews
“Totally disagree”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I just checked in to this site because Andrew was out of his Eco Dive t-shirts when I dove with him in February this year and wanted to see if I could order one now, saw that very negative review. I totally disagree. Andrew runs a tight ship. If you are like me and want a great, safe uncrowded dive, go with Eco Dive.

Visited February 2014