“Never again ...” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Never again ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

… would I ever consider any other dive operator on the island.

From our hotel pick up, to stepping off the dock and straight into the boat, where all our gear was on board waiting, the day couldn’t have got off to a better start, and the exceptional service continued from there.

Our dive sites were selected based on the competency of the group and requests of what we would like to see, and the guys took the time to meticulously point out everything to see following a comprehensive brief, so that every opportunity was maximised.
The style of diving is slow and steady which maximises air time and so the amount of time spent exploring the beautiful and amazing world below, I only wish I had a camera (my next purchase for sure).

I thoroughly recommend Eco Dive and would not even consider another operator in Barbados.

Norcross, Georgia
“Andrew doesn't "babysit"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Andrew is a really nice guy, and he does a great job of explaining the sites, preparing the equipment, and cleaning everything up at the end of the dive. However, if you are a relative newbie like me (15 dives in 10 years) and prefer a follow-the-leader group dive, you might want to consider a different operation. Andrew stated repeatedly that he doesn't babysit, and he definitely doesn't. In my eyes his level of supervision is much lower than any of the six operators I've dived with before or since. Just food for thought--especially if you're fairly inexperienced.

Phoenix, Arizona
7 attraction reviews
“Great dive trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Andrew takes great pride in ensuring that everyone has a great dive experience. We booked with Eco Dive and dived with three other divers and although there were some issues with following Andrew's instructions so our first dive was cut short due to one diver descending too quickly in the wrong area (we were supposed to descend to about 30-40 feet--but no more than 60--- and then follow Andrew to the starting point of the dive) he nevertheless tried his best to ensure that everyone had a good solid dive. We explored the reef once we all arrived there and spent a solid amount of time exploring---it was breathtakingly beautiful! BTW, Andrew provides good, clear instructions so not sure how the mixup occurred, but it was definitely not Andrew's lack of clarity. The second dive involved a series of wreck dives in and around the marine park and was a good, long dive. All in all, it was a great dive trip and I would highly recommend Andrew and Eco Dive!

Visited February 2014
Manchester, Michigan
“Superb Diving Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Andrew made this a wonderfully educational experience for my husband and me Jan. 2014. We agree with all the positive comments on his website. He is concerned for everyone's safety, but at the same time makes a very enjoyable diving experience by swimming slowly enough to see, to find, and to point out the marine life. I especially benefitted from the very complete dive briefing in his shop before we set out, because I could really concentrate on what to look for and not be distracted by organizing my gear my gear on the boat. In fact, we did not have to do anything with our gear: he and Mikey took care of setting it up and helped us put it on. We saw an incredible amount of marine life thanks to Andrew's style of diving. We are also very grateful that he picked us up from our hotel thus sparing us the expense of a rental car. He and Mikey are great people, and we had a wonderful experience with them.

Boston, Massachusetts
“January Diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Myself and 4 friends just got done doing 3 days of diving with Andrew and Mikey. All the dives were fantastic. They took us to The Stav which was great. Andrew is an expert diver and a great guide. Mikey helps turns over your gear which is great. The dive who is right on the dock making things easy. The dive sites were about 5-15 minute boat ride away. If you are planning on doing great no hassel diving in Barbados, than Eco Dive Barbados is a must. Will need to book early, because the boat is intended for small groups ~6.