“Amazing first time!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Dive Shop Ltd.

The Dive Shop Ltd.
Aquatic Gap, Bay Street, Bridgetown, Barbados
+1 246-426-9947
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 67 Activities in Bridgetown
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: The Oldest Dive Shop in Barbados. Serving Divers since 1965.
Oshawa, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing first time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Like some of the other reviews that I read prior to going to the dive shop, it was my first experience diving and it was AMAZING! The staff are warm and friendly. The instructor really took the time to explain the basics with me, and was very patient when I had difficulties getting my gear on. I was with a group of 3 other beginners, and we shared a boat with a couple who seemed to be experienced divers. Everyone was friendly and they had fresh water on board for us to drink. I still can't believe how nice to was on the reef and by the wrecks. The colours of the undersea creatures are incredible. I can't wait to try diving again!

Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic introductory dive experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This was my first time diving and I couldn't have asked for a better experience! Our instructor (John) was very knowledgeable, friendly, and thoroughly prepared us for the dive. Once we got out on the water he was with us every step and we had a fantastic time! He guided us through some fantastic parts of the reef (around the sunken ships) and we saw loads of awesome fish and sea life! We rented a waterproof camera and came away with some fantastic photos that the staff were happy to burn to a CD for us. Everyone was very friendly and professional. A fantastic experience!

Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Professional, Informative and Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I had a really fantastic time here. I went diving here for the third time with my boyfriend. It was his first time and he was a little apprehensive. When we arrived we found that it that we had an instructor all to ourselves. He was amazing, and took a lot of time to explain the mechanics of diving to us before taking us onto the beach and having us practice in the shallow water. By the time we entered the water, we felt very confident and prepared. The dive itself was fantastic. The water was extremely clear and the bright colours of the wildlife were right out of disney cartoon. I would recommend this dive operator to anyone interested in diving for their first time. Our experience underwater was mind blowing.

Tempe, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
“Fabulous First Dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I was recently scuba certified in AZ, through a series of lake dives. My boyfriend and I chose The Dive Shop Ltd for our real dive. Fantem picked us up at the cruise terminal and shared information about her island with us. They provide a place in the shop to store your clothes and valuables that you do not want to get wet on the boat. The shop is located on the beach, so you have to wade out into the water with your gear to get onto the boat. This was not an issue at all for us and the dive team set everything up for us, which was really nice. David was our dive master for our two tank dive and was amazing! I was very nervous and he provided fabulous service, putting me at ease. We saw a lot of great wildlife on the first dive at astor bay: turtles, stingrays, frog fish, crustaceans, etc. Our second dive was around and through a few wrecks. This was really neat as well. I was very impressed with the exceptional guest service and would recommend The Dive Shop to everyone, whether you are a new or an experienced diver.

Visited June 2012
Fort Walton beach, FL
18 attraction reviews
“Great dive operation in Barbados”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We arrived by Cruise ship with reservations made in advance. Fatima met us at the cruise ship terminal and drove us to the shop, 7 minutes away. We had 2 great dives and saw sea horses and sea turtles, plus lots of coral. After the second dive, Fatima took us back to the cruise terminal. Great experience. They were very professional and I Highly recomend this dive center in Barbados.

Visited June 2012