“Nice location, nice rooms.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Bridgetown
New York City, New York
“Nice location, nice rooms.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I booked this hotel with a travel search engine for a couple of friends that came to visit. November if a bit of an "Off Season" on the island and prices are competitive. The hotel is located right on the beach (a very nice one in Carlisle Bay) and it has a small outside swimming pool. Rooms are nicely appointed and at $ 160 USD per night per room (2 double beds) it was a very good deal for what you get in my opinion. I wouldn't recommend this place for family with small kids.

Room Tip: Try getting an hi floor room, they have great view of the bay.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Gerry L, General Manager at Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear FrankieTA,

We appreciate the time taken to write a review of your most recent holiday . Thank you for choosing the Radisson Aquatica here in Barbados . I am quite happy that you were pleased with your room allocation and that you thought our rooms are nicely appointed. We have been welcoming a number of children here and they have been having a great time either in the infinity edge kids pool or having fun in the very calm waters of the Caribbean Sea .

Looking forward to your return soon.

With kind regards

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Trinidad and Tobago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband and I took a little weekend vacation to celebrate his birthday, which also coincided with Barbados Food Wine and Rum Festival!

Upon our arrival, we were greeted by welcoming staff and complimentary rum punches/ tropical punches. We had to wait 1 hour to check-in but while we waited, we were allowed to access the wifi and given additional drinks to keep us cool. The lobby area was cool and comfortable with cool breezes coming off the ocean.

When we finally went to our room, it was clean, spacious enough, well decorated and updated and comfortable. We were assigned a pool room which was so easy to access by stairway only...it was a fantastic location for us. The wifi worked very well and we never experienced any problems with it during our entire stay. Water pressure was great, although the hot water took a little while to heat up, it wasn't a problem as we were on vacation.

Breakfast every morning was a buffet where you could get omelettes /eggs cooked to order, hot & cold beverages, a variety of savoury and sweet breads and muffins, and hot items like sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs, baked beans, flying fish, salt fish, breakfast potatoes, fish cakes, corned beef hash, pancakes, fruit, yogurt, sliced cheeses and deli meats to make sandwiches and I believe a couple of other things. I thought the offerings were tasty and the staff very helpful and friendly. We didn't dine for lunch or dinner so I can't speak to those. My recommendation though would be to have an all-inclusive room option for those guests who would like to enjoy the water all day without having to go out for lunch or dinner.

The infamous Brown Sugar restaurant was on the same street as the hotel (a couple of minutes walk), and the food was rich, tasty, a little spicy and plentiful. Good option for Sunday brunch. Another Bajan legend was basically 30 seconds walk out the front gate...Cuzz's Fish Shack...excellent marlin sandwiches and reasonably priced.

There were 2 gas stations located on the main road outside the hotel (4-5 minute walk) but the one with the better mini-mart would be the SOL gas station where you could get a wider variety of little snacks, OTC medications, personal toiletries and things like that.

We never used the pool because the beach was SO INVITING!!! Upon observation, it was actually used very little but it was kept clean.

The gym was small, adequately equipped and also kept clean, but why run on the treadmill when you have such a beautiful stretch of beach to run on?

The beach was raked every morning to remove any cigarette butts or trash left behind by guests or the general public (because there are no private beaches in Barbados). Chairs were also laid out every morning around 8:30am and cleaned and collected by 6pm or so. Only one day did we observe that there were an insufficient amount of chairs and the hotel staff quickly rectified the situation.

Early mornings you could see horses bathing and swimming in the ocean right outside the hotel...amazing!

My main disappointment though was that even though I requested a refrigerator when I made the reservation, called to request it again BEFORE arrival, and asked TWICE again during the first 24 hours on the property, no refrigerator was ever delivered.

Our flight out of Barbados was very late and the staff of the hotel were VERY accommodating. We had to check out of our original pool room and relocated to a first floor room until 3pm! This was the best and we were so very grateful for their assistance in this regard. The room was just as nice, didn't have the same quality view, but it was just perfect for our layover since we just wanted to get some rest before we left. Thanks to all the front desk staff and management of the Radisson for this!

Overall, this hotel is small and lovely, quiet, great wifi, good location so that we could easily access public transportation with good breakfast and great staff! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be back in the summertime with our kids!

Room Tip: Pool rooms are close to the lobby, the pool and the beach. Accessible only by stairs which can be sl...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Gerry L, General Manager at Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear LavaughnT,

Thank you for taking to post your detailed review. I am quite happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados. We are even more thrilled that you will be returning during the summer with your kids . Please accept my apologies regarding the fridge request, we have since outfitted all rooms with mini refrigerators .

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back !

With kind regards
Bridgetown, Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I had a one day staycation in August 2013 and I enjoyed every moment of my stay. It wasn't a hassle and the atmosphere was quite lovely. It was very peaceful like home. I had an ocean view room which was very cosy. I loved the layout and the colours of the room. I think that the location of the hotel is a superb expression of the landscape of Barbados; the view from the balcony in the room was very attractive which enveloped the exquisite beauty of the sandy beach, blue waters and sky. And the room was nicely air conditioned if one wanted to cool off and relax in comfort after a nice warm shower. The view from restaurant was so inviting; you could soak in the lovely warm and sunny tropical atmosphere surrounded by the calm blue sea waters. I was not disappointed at all by the menu of mouth water meals... breakfast and lunch was much to my delight and the service I received was terrific. I was refreshed and relaxed at the end of my stay. I would go again and recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Loy H,

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Aquatica. Our resort is great for short breaks as you experienced during your staycation with us . Its great that you were able to enjoy our amenities, service and the general ambience of our location .

Thank you for joining us and we hope to welcome you back in the very near future .

With kind regards,

McAllen, TX, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed here for several days in mid-November 2013. We were searching for a relatively quiet hotel with a simple breakfast and wifi that we could use as a base for day trips using our rental car. We also wanted a beach where we could walk directly from our room to the ocean. This hotel met all our needs. We checked our route from the hotel to the airport on Google maps, so we had no problems getting there. There was complimentary parking with a guard at the gate 24 hours. Access to and from the hotel was easy. There were two gas (petrol) stations within one block of the hotel. There are also two dive shops within two blocks. We linked our reservation to our Club Carlson account, so we were able to add wifi and breakfast in our reservation at no additional cost. (You can establish an Club Carlson account online easily.) Breakfast was a hot buffet, with eggs cooled to order. (Check complimentary amenities in advance, as the hotel breakfast is pricey!) Although we didn't see this as a negative, there is a public park with beach access one block from the hotel. We were also told that there was a coin/token laundry in the hotel, although we didn't need to use it. The only thing we wished we had was a small refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TQBRFU,

Greetings from Barbados !! Thank you for posting your review here on Trip Advisor. We are happy that you made Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados, your choice for your holiday. As indicated we were able to able to satisfy your most important requirements for an enjoyable holiday . Allow me to apologise regarding the refrigerator, we have since outfitted all rooms .

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Further to our review a few days ago in the name of Josephine L, the general manager came to talk to us and addressed the issues we had. We were moved to a better room with two balconies over looking the sea and better amenities (it's a corner room). Although the room isn't any bigger than our previous one, it is a lot brighter. We had the Beach View Room before but my advice, it's the beach view corner room is what you want.

The management also helped us with organising food for our 15-month old daughter. We can now have poached eggs in the morning and generally anything we ask for. This has taken off a lot of stress knowing there'd be suitable food for her.

As we mentioned before, the staff here are friendly and genuinely try their best to help. Special thanks to Liana who brought us a big bag of avocados after we mentioned in passing that our daughter loves avocados.

It's amazing just how important first impressions are, since Gerry ( the general manager) listened and addressed our concerns our holiday has improved immensely - thank you Gerry! This is a hotel that is trying to offer a good service and get themselves on the map. This place does have a little something. If you're looking for low key cool with personable service then this is the place. The beach is just great - I think one of the best on this part of the island.

I also want to give a shout out to the bar staff! Our rum n coke's and endless piña colada deserve a little recognition <salute>

Just as we were going to post this review up and we went to our room and we were confronted by a bottle of wine and a cake as a present as it was my (Jo) birthday. This is really nice of the hotel and is much appreciated.

A big thank you (again) go's out to Gerry and his team. You've done a marvellous job of improving our stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife and I took a 5 day holiday in October/November 2013, to Barbados, staying at the Radisson Aquatica. We chose this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews, which is how I usually “Roll”, however; it was a mistake this time! We arrived at the airport and took a cab, which cost ~$35 US, and will accommodate up to four (4) passengers at that price (No free hotel shuttle). They (Cab Drivers) will quote you in Barbadian Dollars, which will be double ( 2 for 1 exchange rate). The cab ride to the Radisson at 11:30pm, on a Thursday night, took about 15-20 minutes. Checking in was somewhat of a comedy show. There was no wonderful welcome drink, and hardly a smile. The two gentlemen at the front desk, which I will refer to them as “Laurel and Hardy”, seemed to be a little confused. Once everything was confirmed, I asked about bottled water in the room, due to the fact that I was dehydrated from the trip. He stated that my room did not qualify for bottled water, and that the tap water on the island was good to drink. Huh? I booked an "Ocean View" (as per invoice) but to be fair it's a partial view (only corner rooms and another wing over the pool, would be Ocean View). Anyway, I took the elevator, which I think was operated by small hamsters, and made my way to the 3rd floor, to find out my keys did not work. I left my wife, and luggage at the door, and opted for the stairs. The front desk clerk, then questioned my ability to work the keys, and then proceeded to reprogram them. Back up the stairs, and thank God one of two keys worked. Upon entering the room, the A/C was so loud, that I thought a plane was flying over head, but was please to see that the room was clean, and a nice size. The Web-site advertises “Free Breakfast”, so in the morning we went down stairs, around 9:30 ish , to find a buffet style breakfast being served. It felt like none of the wait staff wanted to make eye contact, so I took a plate of cold scrambled eggs, bacon and some sausages. After finishing my very below par breakfast, I started to walk towards the exit, when I was immediately approached by one of the wait staff, stating that it was a $25.00 US per person buffet! What a joke. I asked why it was not incl., per the web-site, and she stated that my room rate did not incl. breakfast. So, I paid the $50 US, for the worst breakfast on the island. The biggest disappointments, are pool facilities, and lack of an A/C bar/restaurant. The pool was as small as the “Wishing Wells” that you find in the malls. I think I threw a couple of pennies in the pool, wishing I would have stayed at the Hilton, or the Crane Beach resort! Anyway, I rarely use the pool, when I’m on a Caribbean Island, but it’s a nice option. Also, if you wanted to purchase munchies or bottled water, you had to walk about 10 minutes, through a shady neighborhood to the gas station. Besides the beach, you won't find much else going on at this hotel. While recently renovated, it is still a bit rough around the edges and the service and amenities are very very minimal. This really is a motel, and not a full-service resort. It’s very comparable to a low end Best Western, so you will want to be prepared to go off of the property quite a bit. We spent most of our time next door at the Hilton, where they had a nice A/C sports bar/lounge, restaurants, beautiful pools, entertainment, and were only $10 U.S more to stay there. The only thing it did not have was a nice beach, and that would be a 3 minute walk to the beach at the Radisson. BTW….Did I mention that there were no fridge/mini bar in the room?? If you're looking for something with a bit more action, I would be inclined to stay at the Hilton (just down the street, ~5 minute walk) and walk over to enjoy the beach by the Radisson. Once on the Island, I would highly suggest eating at Champers at Sunset, and eating/Partying in the St. Lawrence Gap part of town, where there are bars and good restaurants. It’s located about 10 minutes by cab from the hotel. If I do return to the Island, I would 100% split my time between the Crane beach resort (a must see beach area, and the Hilton, or one of the hotels on “Sandy Lane”. Sorry Radisson, however clean, it was a big miss for me!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I loved staying here!!! The staff was extremely helpful and I absolutely adored the welcoming rum punch or fruit punch (your choice). The location was right on the beach and each morning we had an excellent breakfast (included) right next to the water on an open air restaurant with gorgeous views.The wifi is free and extremely fast; I was able to keep in touch with my family with ease.

On our last night there, all guests of the hotel were invited to a manager's cocktail; they served the best salt fish bites, rum punch, these really yummy beef rolls, and meatballs and the hotel staff was there to greet, chat, and make us feel so welcomed and at home. I didn't want to leave. I would recommend this place to all my friends and family and when I return next year for CropOver, I will be staying here again as well.

Also, the rooms were very modern, so clean, perfect views, quiet, and the air conditioning units were very cooling. I can't say enough about how great my stay was here at this resort. The staff is very professional, fast, efficient, helpful, and welcoming. I felt like home and they always went out their way to make us feel comfortable.

Room Tip: Any room, would be great...the resort is peaceful at night and has wonderful views from all sides.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Gerry L, General Manager at Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Lula L,

What a fantastic review of your recent stay at the Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados , we all appreciate the time taken to post it here on Trip Advisor . I'm am particularly proud to hear that the staff took very good care of you so much so that you did not want to check out !!! . I will make sure that they are all congratulated .

Looking forward to welcoming you back for Crop Over 2014 !! . Thank you once again.

Kind Regards

Gerry D. Lewis

Been to Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados? Share your experiences!