“Surfing with Paddle Barbados” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 67 Activities in Bridgetown
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Paddle Barbados is the one-stop-shop for everything SUP in Barbados. We offer SUP Classes, SUP Tours, private lessons and board rentals. Paddle Barbados opened in March 2012 and has grown significantly since. SUP has taken off around the world, and it was time for Barbados to join the fun. Paddle Barbados is bringing SUP to life on the island, as we build a fun and inviting SUP Community for locals, tourists, and anyone looking for an adventure and/or workout on the water.
Poole, United Kingdom
“Surfing with Paddle Barbados”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Well, I've just returned from yet another wonderful holiday in Barbados, and once again Paddle Barbados did me proud, last year Jason taught me the basics of paddling across Carlisle Bay and teaching me so much about handling the Paddle Board in the winds and how to navigate with confidence. This year I leapt straight back on to the Paddle Board like true professional only this time I was getting cocky in wanting to surf the waves like so many others in the water who made it look so easy. Although somewhat hesitant, once Sarah came swooping out on her Paddle Board with such little effort and gave me some basic tips and advice on how to catch a wave, after a few unsuccessful attempts I finally caught a wave and managed to stay upright on the Paddle Board for a short while - how exhilarating was that! I'm now truly hooked and cant wait to return and attempt to improve my technique in March, I just hope the waves are not too big! Thank you Sarah and Jason.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
“Highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Jason is an amazing instructor. He kept an eye on each person to give them tips/help along the way. We had never tried SUP before and were excited to give it a try and get some exercise in the clear blue water of Barbados. It was a great experience and we would definitely recommend Paddle Barbados if you want to try SUP for the first time.

Fort Collins, Colorado
“INCREDIBLE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Jason with Paddle Barbados was outstanding! He was incredibly friendly and helpful! The location was absolutly outstanding- we've never seen an ocean/beach so beautiful! Jason had extremely well taken care of equipment and even carried snorkle gear for us so we could see all the sea turtles during our adventure (not to mention he took pictures of us too)! He is a great teacher and obviously loves what he does. We had a private session (just myself and my boyfriend) and paid $60pp. We were very pleased with our experience with Paddle Barbados and highly recommend them! Can't wait to return to the impeccable island of Barbados!!

Visited January 2014
“Whant to SUP in Barbados? Paddle Barbados is a sure bet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Sarah and Jason from Paddle Barbados offer an inpecable service. They deliver the boards, will swap them if you want to go bigger or smaller and are always available for advice on good SUP spots. Plus, they have small SUP boards which are hard to find in Barbados. Had a Starboard Pro 8' and had great fun with it. Would recommend them to anyone who is heading to Barbados to SUP.

Medellin, Colombia
“A Zen moment on the water...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Originally from Barbados, but have lived "away" for 20 years - I can tell you that being able to paddle board every day could be yet another reason for me to come back home! The actual paddle boarding aside - which anyone who has done it knows how great it is - the staff at Paddle Barbados were all helpful and friendly. I felt they kept a close eye on us "just in case" and weren't overly concerned about clock-watching...
Paddle boarding itself could become a new obsession for me (if I didn't live in the Andes). Most relaxed I have felt in a long time; the rhythm of the paddling, the gently rocking of the board, and the surroundings in Carlisle Bay made it an awesome experience. A truly "must-do"!