“Good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown

You added Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Garrison Historic Area, Hastings | Christ Church, Bridgetown BB15156, Barbados   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Fantastic Vacations Offer
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bridgetown
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Thanks to Celia, Sonia and Michael (and 2 ladies at the eatery - unfortunately, I don't remember their names), for adding to a great 10 day stay on our maiden trip to Barbados. All the staff we were in contact with were friendly and accommodating; our room was cleaned daily unless we specified otherwise; front desk staff were happy to put calls through for us to book our respective tours - in fairness, they did book some on on our behalf, but being a control freak, I preferred doing it myself :D
In all fairness, I would say this is a great hotel for business guests on a short working stay on the island. I don't think it's terribly conducive to a family stay as:
- it isn't a beach front
- information for possible tours are not readily available (unlike other beachfront resorts we looked at for a possible future trip back to Barbados). Of course there were leaflets on various tours but no chalk board advertising special trips etc. for a more immediate access :-(
- the restaurant is pretty limited

Room Tip: The hotel is just next door to TGIF, unfortunately, it closed down on 30 August. Fortunately, Lanter...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Bim22,
I cannot express to you how delighted my associates are at being mentioned in such a forum. We often get good feedback about our staff service and we particularly like to recognize those who have been specifically mentioned.

Thank you for your honest feedback and we will use it as a tool to help us to continue to improve our service.

Kelly-Ann Mayers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
hongkong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

It is an average hotel, situated in Bridgetown, convenience to go anywhere, but this hotel is away from the beachfront.not much seaview in my room.you can walk to the beach from hotel.
The hotel room is standard size, toilet equipped with all the amenities ,it's quite quiet for sleeping.
Free parking and free wi fi. A small swimming pool outdoor.The staffs are not warm and attentive enough.
If you prefer to relax under the sun and lay on beaches, there are lot of choice around bridgetown also in holetown area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. EdwinHongKong,
Thank you for staying with us and for giving us your honest feedback. Although we are not a resort hotel, we do try to ensure that we provide amenities for our leisure guests including; pool towels, beach access and lounge chairs on the beach directly across from the hotel and there is also a Spa and Hair Salon located on property.

I am glad that you found the room quiet and the hotel location convenient and I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back some time in the future.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed at this establishment on several occasions and the staff are always friendly and helpful. The rooms are exceptionally clean. The hotel is very conveniently located with several restaurants nearby. The beach is also close-by and if you want to go into the city, there is an abundance of transportation options available. I cannot wait to get back there!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Tammie G,
As per usual it is great having you stay with us and from the entire team at Courtyard "THANK YOU" very much for your positive feedback!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights. Clean spacious rooms with good amenities. Friendly n helpful staff
Very accommodating. Rained so pool was not useable. Tgi Fridays restaurant, just shut down on friday. The blue room restaurant is next door with great food.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Kenster777,
I am delighted that your stay with us was comfortable and next time around we will pray for better weather so that you can enjoy all the amenities that the hotel has to offer!

We do have a number of nice restaurants in the area including our very own casual dinning option Centro and more fine dinning options within walking distance to and from the hotel.

We hope that you get the opportunity to return again in the near future!
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I had a week here on business. The rooms are spacious, have good desk areas for work, effective (if noisy) air conditioning, and there is free wifi. Staff is friendly. The beach is a couple of minutes away. Plus there is a guest laundry.
You can Get a quick breakfast (usually), but it is average. The eggs tend to be greasy, the bacon serving mean, and it is so disappointing that you cannot get local products. No, you are forced to have little packets of fake jam made with high fructose corn syrup, and imported sugar, mass produced imported sauces - in a country renowned for local fruit produce, sugar production, stunning pepper sauce. What a crying shame. Two local breakfasts are offered, but there is no description of what these are and when you ask , the contents are described so quickly and in unfamiliar terms that it is a brave choice. There is a market place to buy snacks (imported). A small bottle of water is USD7.00.
I lost count of the number of times my room card lost its magnetism and had to get it recharged, on top of being told that it was my fault. Yet I know all about not storing it near cellphones or magnets.
I would certainly not recommend this for a holiday hotel. The pool is small and uninspiring. I asked the front desk to help me find a tour. They pulled out one brochure and then noted they didn't have tours on the day I wanted to go. And that was that. I had to sort this out for myself.
So, overall, I was not too impressed. If this is the standard of Courtyard across the Caribbean then I would avoid it. In fact, I have just cancelled my Courtyard booking in Trinidad.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Pennie H,
Thank you for your feedback both good and constructive. I deeply regret reading about the fact that we did not live up to your expectations in a lot of areas and worse yet that your experience here with us affected what might have been a more fulfilling experience at Courtyard Port of Spain.

We will work on introducing more local products into our Food & Beverage offerings as well as use your feedback to improve the other products and services where we fell short.

I certainly hope that in the future you will give the Courtyard brand another try and that you will give us another opportunity to deliver the service that I know that we are more than capable of delivering.
Kelly-Ann
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott for 10 nights from the 24th July on holiday and our stay couldn't be better. The hotel was clean and the staff were extremely polite and friendly. Check in was easy and we were even upgraded to a balcony for free. The rooms were very comfortable and the air conditioning quiet.

We don't normally eat breakfast at Marriotts due to the high prices but at the 'centro restaurant' breakfast was at a reasonable price as it cost us around £8 a person and the service was great there. We were treated like locals at the restaurant and Kelly-An always remembered our breakfast order and asked us about our plans for the day. Most mornings a lady called Deirdre answered any questions we had about the island and helps us plan our day and all the staff were really friendly.

The pool is pretty shallow and the deck chairs very comfortable, it was a nice area to sit around. The gym was good for a small workout.

The hastings location of the hotel is really good as it is on a major route for the BBS$2 (66p) busses which can take you anywhere on the island. The hotel is also a short walk to many restaurants in the area and a bank is close. The beach where the hotel provides deck chairs isn't great and it's nice to walk down to Accra where the beach/atmosphere is better.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a balcony available, you won't regret.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Guestcare_CY, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Fitzy 101,thank you for your great feedback, we truly appreciate it. It warms my heart you expressed how welcomed you and your family felt and I am happy we made such a worthy contribution to your holiday. I am esspecially thrilled we met your expectations and I will share your review with the entire team. Thank you again for your positive comments and we look forward to hosting you and your family again in the future.

Best regards from the associates of the Courtyard by Marriott, Bridgetown.

Deidre
Guestcare Manager
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed very briefly at the Courtyard Marriott but even for the short time it was worth it. I arrived late in the evening and the front desk staff were absolutely pleasant. It was a delight to interact with them. Check in was quick and easy.

Even with the restaurants closed when I arrived, its still possible to get juice, fruit salad and snacks from the well stocked vending machine in the lobby. .

The rooms are what I would expect at a Courtyard Marriott. Well appointed with all the conveniences required especially for a business trip. I had internet access, iron board and iron, cable TV and a really comfortable bed. The air conditioning was whisper quiet allowing a great night's sleep.

I definitely would recommend this hotel if you are travelling on business.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Michele R, thank you for the perfect score! :) It was indeed a pleasure hosting you at our hotel and we truly appreciate your comments!!

Next time hopefully you will have some time to enjoy all the amenities we have to offer, including the beach access across the street, which has been recently renovated to provide a better beach experience.

Kelly-Ann
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgetown
Hilton Barbados Resort
#1 of 26 in Saint James Parish
5.0 of 5 stars 699 reviews
Coconut Court Beach Hotel
Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown? Share your experiences!