“Great service staff.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Garrison Historic Area, Hastings | Christ Church, Bridgetown BB15156, Barbados   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Bridgetown
“Great service staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights. Clean spacious rooms with good amenities. Friendly n helpful staff
Very accommodating. Rained so pool was not useable. Tgi Fridays restaurant, just shut down on friday. The blue room restaurant is next door with great food.

• Stayed September 2013
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Kenster777,
I am delighted that your stay with us was comfortable and next time around we will pray for better weather so that you can enjoy all the amenities that the hotel has to offer!

We do have a number of nice restaurants in the area including our very own casual dinning option Centro and more fine dinning options within walking distance to and from the hotel.

We hope that you get the opportunity to return again in the near future!

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I had a week here on business. The rooms are spacious, have good desk areas for work, effective (if noisy) air conditioning, and there is free wifi. Staff is friendly. The beach is a couple of minutes away. Plus there is a guest laundry.
You can Get a quick breakfast (usually), but it is average. The eggs tend to be greasy, the bacon serving mean, and it is so disappointing that you cannot get local products. No, you are forced to have little packets of fake jam made with high fructose corn syrup, and imported sugar, mass produced imported sauces - in a country renowned for local fruit produce, sugar production, stunning pepper sauce. What a crying shame. Two local breakfasts are offered, but there is no description of what these are and when you ask , the contents are described so quickly and in unfamiliar terms that it is a brave choice. There is a market place to buy snacks (imported). A small bottle of water is USD7.00.
I lost count of the number of times my room card lost its magnetism and had to get it recharged, on top of being told that it was my fault. Yet I know all about not storing it near cellphones or magnets.
I would certainly not recommend this for a holiday hotel. The pool is small and uninspiring. I asked the front desk to help me find a tour. They pulled out one brochure and then noted they didn't have tours on the day I wanted to go. And that was that. I had to sort this out for myself.
So, overall, I was not too impressed. If this is the standard of Courtyard across the Caribbean then I would avoid it. In fact, I have just cancelled my Courtyard booking in Trinidad.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Pennie H,
Thank you for your feedback both good and constructive. I deeply regret reading about the fact that we did not live up to your expectations in a lot of areas and worse yet that your experience here with us affected what might have been a more fulfilling experience at Courtyard Port of Spain.

We will work on introducing more local products into our Food & Beverage offerings as well as use your feedback to improve the other products and services where we fell short.

I certainly hope that in the future you will give the Courtyard brand another try and that you will give us another opportunity to deliver the service that I know that we are more than capable of delivering.
Kelly-Ann
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott for 10 nights from the 24th July on holiday and our stay couldn't be better. The hotel was clean and the staff were extremely polite and friendly. Check in was easy and we were even upgraded to a balcony for free. The rooms were very comfortable and the air conditioning quiet.

We don't normally eat breakfast at Marriotts due to the high prices but at the 'centro restaurant' breakfast was at a reasonable price as it cost us around £8 a person and the service was great there. We were treated like locals at the restaurant and Kelly-An always remembered our breakfast order and asked us about our plans for the day. Most mornings a lady called Deirdre answered any questions we had about the island and helps us plan our day and all the staff were really friendly.

The pool is pretty shallow and the deck chairs very comfortable, it was a nice area to sit around. The gym was good for a small workout.

The hastings location of the hotel is really good as it is on a major route for the BBS$2 (66p) busses which can take you anywhere on the island. The hotel is also a short walk to many restaurants in the area and a bank is close. The beach where the hotel provides deck chairs isn't great and it's nice to walk down to Accra where the beach/atmosphere is better.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a balcony available, you won't regret.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Guestcare_CY, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Fitzy 101,thank you for your great feedback, we truly appreciate it. It warms my heart you expressed how welcomed you and your family felt and I am happy we made such a worthy contribution to your holiday. I am esspecially thrilled we met your expectations and I will share your review with the entire team. Thank you again for your positive comments and we look forward to hosting you and your family again in the future.

Best regards from the associates of the Courtyard by Marriott, Bridgetown.

Deidre
Guestcare Manager
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed very briefly at the Courtyard Marriott but even for the short time it was worth it. I arrived late in the evening and the front desk staff were absolutely pleasant. It was a delight to interact with them. Check in was quick and easy.

Even with the restaurants closed when I arrived, its still possible to get juice, fruit salad and snacks from the well stocked vending machine in the lobby. .

The rooms are what I would expect at a Courtyard Marriott. Well appointed with all the conveniences required especially for a business trip. I had internet access, iron board and iron, cable TV and a really comfortable bed. The air conditioning was whisper quiet allowing a great night's sleep.

I definitely would recommend this hotel if you are travelling on business.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Michele R, thank you for the perfect score! :) It was indeed a pleasure hosting you at our hotel and we truly appreciate your comments!!

Next time hopefully you will have some time to enjoy all the amenities we have to offer, including the beach access across the street, which has been recently renovated to provide a better beach experience.

Kelly-Ann
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel is really very good. The service is excellent, the rooms very comfortable and clean. It is a very convenient location for business but less so for vacation. The pool is shallow. It would have been nice to have a separate children's pool and another where swimmers might truly exercise/relax. The private access beach is quite rocky but the hotel is not far away from beautiful Accra Beach. In close proximity to transport, businesses, shopping and boardwalk. I noticed that the complimentary breakfast was a little more scanty than when I stayed there a year ago but the staff are very pleasant and helpful. Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Marmora, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is a very good, conveniently located business hotel. I would also consider it as a great base for a holiday stay.

It is spotless from the grounds and pool to reception/dining to elevators/rooms. Lobby has microwave, mini-mart, tables and sofas. Computers and check in station.

Arrival: I received assistance with my bag without asking. Check in was great even though I had messed up my reservation a little, apparently I can't count past 3. Nice little touch of a complimentary fruit or rum punch by way of welcome.

Room, bath, bedding etc. all up to normal Courtyard standards. Small fridge and in room-safe too. TV channels quite varied, good free movie channels. My room had a balcony (small table and chairs) and sea view which was wonderful as I prefer to sleep without A/C and being able to open the patio door was perfect for me. There is some noise from the road but nothing unbearable or unusual.

Food and Drink: are NOT expensive. One must bear in mind that everything in Barbados is expensive for locals and visitors alike.

WiFi throughout hotel plus computers in lobby. WiFi in my room constantly dropped but it happened only there, I even logged in elsewhere and carried the laptop upstairs, the moment I crossed the threshold of Room 321 it dropped. Dear Mr. Director of the US CIA: Please send your operative back to remove the jamming device because it is driving the hotel I.T. guy crazy.

Access: Very good location for local restaurants, buses and the local beach. You can use your room key to access beach but it's not a good idea right now as they have planted a flower bed at the end and you have no option but to walk across the mud followed by gravel. Public access is immediately beside it. Same beach either way. Card also give you access to loungers etc. Sea is calm, no waves, very clean and not crowded.

Other: All of the staff are amazing, really nice people who make you feel very welcome.

To the lady (guest?) who likes to greet each barely breaking dawn singing 'God is HERE!!!!' God asked me to give you a message. He says He appreciates you acknowledging His presence on the 3rd floor of the Barbados Courtyard and how hard you try to hit those notes but He reminds you that He is also a great fan of quiet contemplation. He tried to tell you Himself but you couldn't hear Him, presumably because of the noise. :o)

Altogether a great little hotel, very well priced.

Room Tip: High floor for sea view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear UnicornUDIC,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and with the world! :) I am absolutely thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay and you really have done a fantastic job highlighting some of our key features. We continuously try to find ways to use the feedback we receive to improve our service and product and it is always good to receive both constructive and positive feedback. Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us in the near future!

VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

stayed two nights until a transfer to a resort. typical Courtyard. clean rooms, nice staff. short walk to the beach was no problem. narrow pool, but was good for some laps. decent breakfast menu, a little pricey, but, that's Barbados lol The Coffee Bean is up the street, great coffee. As is Momma Mia's, great pizza!!

Room Tip: 2nd floor near the pool. some has balcony's you can sit out.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear RL,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay at our hotel and for detailing some of your highlights. The associates are always very pleased to be recognised and of course the Housekeeping department loves to boast about their high level of cleanliness and attention to detail. We appreicate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Kelly-Ann Mayers

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown? Share your experiences!