“Wonderful special occasion restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Asian fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Wonderful special occasion restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Myself and my husband went here on Friday night as part of our honeymoon trip in Barbados. The entrance was fabulous, walking through tropical gardens and the restaurant had the most trendy, chilled out, yet romantic setting possible, right on the beach. It was not pretentious, and they even had reading lights in the tables so you could see the menu then turn it off to enjoy the setting.
Staff were incredibly friendly, attentive, but not overly so, and had a sense of humour too.
Cocktails... The Fusion Long Island ice tea knocked my husband for 6.... Do not drink more than 3 of them!!! High price, but well worth the money.
Food was quite literally fabulous. The menu had so much on it that I wanted to try I was totally spoilt for choice! It came out quickly, was well presented and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The only down side I could possibly think of was that the portions were fairly small, we could have done with a bit more of the deliciousness :-)
It wasn't that busy when we went there... But it should have been. I thoroughly thoroughly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a chilled, romantic, beautiful dining experience.

London, United Kingdom
“Nice decor shame about the food...try lemongrass”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

First of all I have to say I have been to some very nice restaurants in London and the decor in this place is on par with them. So I had height expectations of the food.

Me and my partner first of all ordered a cocktail each, 1 Long Island iced tea and 1 mojito $18 each, very strong and definitely worth the money.

When looking through the food menu the first thing I noticed were the prices seem to be extremely high for barbados, we ordered 1 noodle and three meat dishes because the fish seemed astronomically priced, we also ordered 2 small starters.

The starter satay chicken and edamame beans were very nice. The main was pad Thai noodles, beef yellow curry with jasmin rice, a chicken dish, salt and pepper squid. When the main came my first thought was these potions look very small for the money. The pad Thai noodles seemed to be stretched out with spinach, tasty but not the best I've had. The curry was a big disappointment for $67 I was expecting succulent beef with a rich sauce, instead we got a small dish of brown curry, not too much beef.

I would recommend fusion for drinks, cocktails before a night out and the experience. The food was definitely not worth $354 which I paid in the end. We had a night at lemongrass in the lime grove and I would say the food there was far better and flavoursome.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Barbados
“Everything perfect & ambience on another level”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Id heard a lot about this restaurant/lounge and it was even better than I expected.
The walkway enterance through outdoor bamboo flored beautiful tropical garden with the best lounge music ive heard on the island. Ambience filled with Balkan gypsy, Greek, middle Eastern,
Asian, Latin & Caribbean fusion. Friendly efficient classy staff gave us a warm welcome and relaxed in the beautiful bar area with amazing views of the ocean and south coast twinkling lights yet in a hidden relaxing oasis. We wanted to savour every moment :-)
Began the evening sipping fresh watermelon martinis before being seated at the outdoor area that we had selected. Beautiful seating,gardens, tastefully done with beautiful waterfalls discreetly in the background and amazing views of the white sanded beach at night with waves at a perfect distance to enjoy and meditate on. Food was perfect. Fantastic selection of Asian, Thai and sushi, with some Vietnamese. All cooked and served to perfection.
Again service was impeccable. Finished night off with an espresso and a watermelon (again as loved it!) shisha which was perfect. Abandoned out plans to head to the west coast, why? we were in paradise here...and stayed for four hours :-)
Owners clearly have 'got it' here. :-)

London
“Best kept secret in Barbados”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Although Fusion does not appear in the list of top 5 restaurants of Barbados if you ask your hotel concierge, I think it is one of the best places to eat in Barbados.
The food is just fantastic and the ambience is great. The outdoor tables facing the sea provide a great opportunity enjoy your food in a relaxing atmosphere of the beach. The thing that differentiates Fusion most from other restaurants in Barbados is its friendly, efficient and unpretentious service - something that is missing in many of the so called "top restaurants" in Barbados.
We enjoyed the place so much that went there again next day.
I would definitely recommend everyone visiting Barbados to have a meal or two at Fusion.

• Visited January 2013
Bridgetown, Barbados
“New location even better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Absolute class, beautiful decor and food as always artfully presented and delicious. My favourite restaurant in Barbados.

Visited August 2012