“Bad experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lobster Alive

Lobster Alive
Wesley House, Bay Street | On the west side of Carlisle Bay, Bridgetown, Barbados
+1 246-435-0305
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 80 Restaurants in Bridgetown
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The restaurant initially began as a wholesale distributor for the island's hotels and restaurants. Cooked takeaway service was added; along with a friendly free beer while you wait. Shortly after that the health inspector demanded we go the whole way or "wholesale only". This was around 1998. Long time friend and fellow musician with the local VSOP Jazz band "Stu Jenkins" became the resident artist (designer) and we named the up coming restaurant "LOBSTER ALIVE and all that Jazz". We felt our way; with many of the usual restaurant mistakes. But it seems now, we have scored quite well with international critics, restaurant guide books; and our many repeat customers.
miami beach
“Bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We spent a lot of money to eat a good lobster but it was cooked in a normal way,nothing special.
The service was terrible,the girls were mean & they just wanted to go home.The atmosphere was nothing special.

Visited January 2014

• Polish first
Algarvia, Portugal
“Very busy average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We visited on a Sunday , good live jazz band playing , did not book but squeezed us in.
As it was a lobster bar we decided if that was the speciality go with it as we generally do
I have to say that in between all this the service was nothing short of rude
Only to get worse
The food came after about an hour which did not bother us as we were chilling with a glass of wine
The lobster was nice fresh but came tepid after being on a barbecue ?
Once the meal was finished we were immediately asked if we wanted the bill although we had a full glass of wine each whether we wanted it or not we got it
10% service was added which obviously would not be a problem if you receive service we didn't
Very expensive considering you are sitting at cheap white plastic tables and chairs
Would not return

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Food was great service was terrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We decided to give this place a go one lunch time,When we arrived at 11.30am and asked if they were serving lunch we were rudely told that lunch is not served until 12.00 and had we made a reservation ,We were only asking?We asked if we could have a drink while we waited and she took our order with a tut and raised eyebrows .We felt the waitress really was not cut out for the job as she was very rude and had no people skills.We tried to order drinks and ask for more water while we were eating our meal and it was all to much bother for her .We received far more attention from the flies that were flying around continuously though out the meal .
We ordered two lobsters for my husband and my self and our son had the lobster salad,the lobster was lovely the salad was dried up and not as fresh as it should been at the price you are paying .
The final thing that will stop us from ever recommending or eating here in the future was when we finally received our bill it already included a 10% service charge which was really amusing as the service was terrible,we did not have the exact amount for the bill so we gave the waitress the bill and money and waited for our change $34bbds .I know some people will think it is not a lot of money however you have to bare in mind we had already paid 10%service for rudeness.We waited for about 10 minutes and then decided to give up as our waitress had completely disappeared and we did not want to cause a scene.It was not a good ending to what should of been a lovely lunch.
We will not bother eating here again which is a shame as the lobster was delicious.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Great Food - Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We went twice in the one week we were in Barbados because the food was so good. The first time was Sunday Jazz. Although it was busy the staff did well. We sat on the beach and lunch was a leisurely couple of hours. The second time was at the end of the week and it wasnt as busy and the atmosphere wasnt as buzzing because no music. We would suggest - make sure you go when the Jazz is playing.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Medicine Hat, Canada
“The lobster was exquisite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Like previous reviews the food was excellent, a true culinary delight! However, the service could stand further improvement. My waitress was abrupt and rigid. I arrived early and asked if I could sit down on the beach, I was told it was all reserved and that was it! I indicated I really didn't want to be seated right at the entrance. I either sat there or it meant forget eating. I asked about the size of portions and was given a vague response. Needless to say I received too much food. I also noticed I could have eaten anywhere in the restaurant as I was finished eating before the reservations started arriving and tables were still available when I left. Also, people who did not have reservations were seated at more desirable tables. Since, I was dining alone I felt she thought she could sit me anywhere, but don't forget I was paying the same prices. The music and food were excellent though and I would recommend you try it if you are in Bridgetown, just be prepared for a poor attitude from some of the waitresses.

• Visited January 2014