We booked our stay through the Walmer Apt. website. On our arrival date to the hotel there was noone to greet us. After searching the grounds a man appeared from behind a bush holding a machete. When we asked him if there was anyone there, he said "no, they are all away home". He took us to our "room" where the key was hanging in the door and gave us a form to fill in. When we asked if he was in charge, he said "Now yes".
The atmosphere was getting more and more strange !!? The front picture of the hotel on their website is far from the reality. The hotel is on the main road, with a tiny little gravel square at the front and junk yard at the back. The building is in need of repair. The hotel was dead. We only saw one other couple. The studio room was on the corner near the road and was very noisy. There was no bed. Just two single sofa beds (no sheets provided). Furniture old and worn out, bathroom very basic with window looking onto corridor and room door far from secure. After looking at the room we turned around and left. The website is misleading. Good for backpackers but not for a romantic stay. P.S. : When I checked my bank statement, they had charged me for 3 nights.
- Also Known As:
- Walmer Lodge Apartments Hotel
- Walmer Lodge Apartments Hotel Bridgetown
- Walmer Lodge Apartments Barbados/Bridgetown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A serene and peaceful vacation on our beautiful West Coast is yours for the taking at Walmer Lodge. Just 50 yards from your balcony is a lovely white sandy beach, a panoramic view of the Caribbean Sea and our tropical garden setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Regatta Hotels so you can book your Walmer Lodge Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.