Stayed here in November but only just got around to writing this review. Our check in was qiuck and easy, shown to our room by Sharon the receptionist who was very friendly and helpful. We had room 2 which was a garden view room Not much of a view, but a good standard room. Very small bathroom though, no room to put all our stuff could do with a few shelves ! The air con was very good,the quietest we have had. The tree frogs in the garden were a bit annoying till you get used to them they start "singing" at dusk till about 3 am!! Ear plugs would be a good idea.
Breakfast buffet style but you can get eggs cooked to your liking,we were told we had to book in for lunch and give a time for dinner. We didn't always do this though and it wasn't a problem we still had when we wanted it. There is a dress code for evening meals (Long trousers for men and no denim) But if its too hot after dinner you can always change to shorts. The waitress's are very efficient and nothing is too much trouble they all go out of their way to make sure you have all you need.
There was local entertainment two or three times a week which was very good and not too loud There was also a managers cocktail party weekly . This is very good as it gets guests talking to each other. Most of the guests sit in the courtyard after dinner and we found everyone very friendly. The bar service was very good Michael does a good cocktail and works very hard. One thing we would say is the bar closes too early 11pm. 1 am would be a bit better.
The pool area is very small so no room for parasols !! They really need some shade.
Pebbles beach, a few minutes walk away, is nice but it really needs cleaning up!! And some sun loungers. However walk up the beach toward Bridgetown and the beach is much better. A few beach bars the boatyard being the best of them. We had a great holiday at the Island inn, we usually stay in much larger hotels.but found this much more relaxing and would return . We would upgrade to a pool room as they are much more spacious.
- Also Known As:
- Island Hotel Bridgetown
- Island Inn Barbados
- Island Inn Hotel Barbados
- Island Inn
- Island Inn Hotel Barbados/Bridgetown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Island Inn is a quaint, 24 room, all inclusive property with meeting and function facilities. Situated less than a mile from the centre of Historic Bridgetown and within the Garrison Area – a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The hotel is footsteps away from the beach at the beautiful Carlisle Bay and Pebbles Beach and is conveniently close to shops and restaurants. Island Inn will amaze you with its disarming simplicity and old world charm. Whether you’re here alone, with the family, or with a group, travelling on vacation or on business, the Island Inn Hotel offers an unrivaled warmth of atmosphere, with contemporary trappings and a true Bajan experience. Originally constructed in 1804 as a Rum Storage facility for the British Regiment, Island Inn Hotel is now part of the historic Garrison area of Barbados. The building was designated a national treasure of Barbados. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Olotels, Priceline, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Island Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.