My husband and I arrived at the The Island Inn earlier in December. We checked in easily and the receptionist was very helpful. We were offered a drink as soon as we arrived, perfect!
The hotel is not on the beach front, but Pebbles Beach less than a minute's walk away and is stunning.
We thoroughly enjoyed our weeks stay. The hotel has 24 rooms and is quite quiet. We found this a lovely aspect as we were able to chat and get to know our fellow holiday makers. This was great for us. If we wanted to go out to enjoy the night life we could arrange a taxi and didn't have far to go.
The room we stayed in overlooked the pool, (the pool is rather small and cold although you do adjust to the temperature quickly) the room was exceptionally spacious, air conditioned, and immaculate. There is a safe located in the room but this is not bolted down. All public areas in the hotel were also kept clean.
The previous review reporting about breakfast, lunch and dinner is very accurate therefore I wont duplicate what has been said.
The bar service could sometimes involve a few minutes wait as the barmen may wait on tables or needed to clear up. The only issue we had is that the bar would close at 11pm, quite often than not we as well as a few other guests were still enjoying the evening. We needed to order an extra round of drinks which was not a problem. Please could the bar stay open a little later??
This holiday was great for us, just what we wanted a quiet, relaxing and tranquil time. We would definately return to Barbados and to the Island Inn. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay!
- Also Known As:
- Island Hotel Bridgetown
- Island Inn Barbados
- Island Inn Hotel Barbados
- Island Inn
- Island Inn Hotel Barbados/Bridgetown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Island Inn is a quaint, 24 room, all inclusive property with meeting and function facilities. Situated less than a mile from the centre of Historic Bridgetown and within the Garrison Area – a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The hotel is footsteps away from the beach at the beautiful Carlisle Bay and Pebbles Beach and is conveniently close to shops and restaurants. Island Inn will amaze you with its disarming simplicity and old world charm. Whether you’re here alone, with the family, or with a group, travelling on vacation or on business, the Island Inn Hotel offers an unrivaled warmth of atmosphere, with contemporary trappings and a true Bajan experience. Originally constructed in 1804 as a Rum Storage facility for the British Regiment, Island Inn Hotel is now part of the historic Garrison area of Barbados. The building was designated a national treasure of Barbados. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Island Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.