“The perfect place to unwind” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   56 South Shore Rd., SN 02, Bermuda   |
Special Offer
Free Nights at The Reefs
Massachusetts
“The perfect place to unwind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

My husband & I had an excellent time staying at The Reefs. Everyone we interacted with was helpful and friendly. The accommodations were very pleasant, clean, and comfortable. We were able to eat at Ocean Echo, Royston's, and Coconuts, and enjoyed all the food as well as the service. Toni and Dean B. were standouts among a fabulous team - they really ensured our satisfaction with everything. We used the private beach, pool, and hot tub during our "downtime" and enjoyed these amenities. I never felt any stress during our entire stay, everything was taken care of without hesitation or fuss.

I had the opportunity to spend some time a LaSerena Spa and it was delightful. Unfortunately, I have forgotten the name of the girl who gave me my facial (probably because I was so relaxed afterward), but it was heavenly. Anna who gave me a mani & pedi was a delight to talk to and did a wonderful job. Everyone I interacted with at the spa was courteous and professional. The spa facility itself is gorgeous - the ladies room has everything one could need, and the lounge is a perfect area to start the relaxation process just sitting and watching the waves.

I am so happy I chose to stay at The Reefs to celebrate my 40th birthday. We thoroughly enjoyed our first trip to Bermuda and will definitely return. I've already recommended The Reefs to many as the only place to stay on the island.

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

My husband and I decided to spend one night at this hotel but weren't sure what to expect. We checked in and immediately had dinner at The Ocean Echo before going to our room. The meal was spectacular. I'm usually a bit disappointed with the restaurants on the island and this certainly exceeded my expectations. Fresh, fresh, fresh and perfectly prepared and displayed - and they were extremely busy that night.

All of the staff from the lady who checked us in, to the Director (Perry), Barb (Front Desk), the doormen and others were all exceptionally friendly and helpful. However, our extremely professional and friendly Egyptian waiter from dinner (and the following morning at breakfast) really left a lasting impression.

Our room was phenomenal and we were given a great winter rate. Clean and spacious, we had a lovely bathtub and shower, our own balcony with complete privacy and a hot tub. What more could a vacationer want?! I was thrilled, as was my husband. And, although we've experienced Bermuda's beauty for many, many years, waking up to our water view was truly one of the best we've seen yet. We could even see the beautiful Parrotfish in the water.

If there was one thing I'd change, it would be the fruit at breakfast which wasn't amazing, but this is typical on the island as most of the fruit is brought in. But nevermind! The omlet station, waffles, traditional codfish breakfast and Eggs Benedict all made up for it. And this was the complimentary breakfast - a far cry from the Continental breakfasts we usually receive. The "Southampton French Toast" was my favorite!

I also HAVE to recommend the new spa. I'm used to the Elbow Beach hotel spa (very expensive) and the Fairmont Southampton's spa (also, expensive) which are very nice, but getting run down and I had to wait 20 minutes for a shower the last time I went. The Reefs spa is brand new and the prices are better than the other two. Plus, I had it all to myself. Anna did a phenomenal mani/pedi (she's great to chat to as well) and Marilyn gave a fabulous massage. I was extremely impressed and will be coming back soon.

This hotel exceeded my expectations. I thought it would be a bit stuffy, but I was wrong. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Thanks to everyone there!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

We would like to express what a wonderful experience our stay at the Reefs hotel was.
My friend was visiting me in Bermuda in November, and we decided to treat ourselves to a 2 night stay at a local hotel. When I called the Reefs hotel I was pleasantly surprised when I was told that they have a special offer for locals, which includes afternoon tea, dinner and breakfast. Lisa was so helpful and pleasant that I decided to book our two nights at the Reefs. What a great move that was!!! When we checked in Lisa was assisting us. Again, she was wonderful in welcoming us. The complimentary Swizzle after checking in was a lovely touch. Robert then showed us to our room with a balcony which had a stunning view! The style of the room and décor was very much to our liking. The bathroom we thought could use a bit of an upgrade but it was clean and all functioning. Our vacation had begun. We had a couple of relaxing treatments in the newly built La Serena Spa. All the restaurants offered excellent service and delicious food. Everywhere we went the staff made us feel welcome and at home. The atmosphere of the Reefs is very comfortable and intimate. We had an absolute marvelous stay at the Reefs. It is a true gem of a hotel and we recommend it highly. We can’t wait to go there again.

Sita and Monica

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

We stayed at the The Reefs Club, the new fractional condos and they were contemporary . The view from the pool is breathtaking.

PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

My wife and I got married in Bermuda at Elbow Beach Resort, and followed up our 4 day stay at Elbow Beach with a week long honeymoon at the Reefs. Bermuda is hands down the best island in the Carribean. It's the most beautiful, and the hotels, food and service are fantastic. The Reefs is no different. It's a great romantic getaway for a week or long vacation.

The hotel's location is amazing perched on the cliffs and reefs you can see the beautiful private beach no matter where you are. The amazing infiniti pool and hottub over look the ocean and jagged reef formations in the water.

Snorkeling is great, the beach is one of most beautiful we've ever seen.

Food and dining is top notch. Service is great too!

Definilty book your next romantic getaway to the Reefs!

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
Central New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

We went to the Reefs Nov 4 -9, 2009. It had been 25 years since we were last at the Reefs (and Bermuda) and after reading some of the recent posts we were a bit concerned. Rest assured our concerned were all for naught. The Reefs lived up to or exceeded our memories for the excellent view from the room, the food (2 additional restaurants since our last visit), and the hospitality. It is a small (67 rooms) privately owned hotel.

The Reefs is known for their “view from the room.” Truth be told, the view is excellent from the restaurant, the pool, the hot tub and of course the beach. We found the hotel staff to be very hospitable. The rooms are a bit underwhelming on the décor (plastic picture frames, clean but older bathroom), but that did not bother us. The mattress was very comfortable (both my wife and I will experience back pains when sleeping on a bad mattress) and the TV was LCD and received all the major stations from America.

The restaurants were extremely good. You should expect to spend 1.5 – 2 hours at dinner. Interestingly, the service did not feel slow (this from 2 people who spend 10 minutes at dinner at home). There are 3 restaurants, all offering 4 course meals (we had the MAP food plan). The food was excellent at all 3.

“Coconuts” is located by the beach and is a bit more casual (no jeans but you could wear boat shoes). Because of the breeze, they had the window flaps down and a few heaters on. Ocean Echo is located off the main lobby and overlooked the ocean from way up on the cliff. This is also where breakfast is served. During the warmer times one can chose to have breakfast outside. Our last day we had breakfast outside and the view was breathtaking. Roystons has more of an eating club feel and is the most formal of the 3 - jackets are preferred but not required.

The beach is beautiful. If you like to snorkel this is the place to go. About 100 yards off shore there are reef pods which attract a bounty of beautiful fish. Snorkel equipment is free (as well as Kayak) and well maintained. There were plenty of beach chairs –no reason to get up early to reserve a chair. The bar/food service on the beach was excellent.

The entertainment at night was fine. We were there for 5 nights and there was a piano player, a DJ, a 5 piece band (great soulful singer) and a steel band. There was supposed to be salsa dancing but the instructors did not show (the manager bought pitchers of Rum swizzles to make up for it).

Finally, the other guests made our trip most memorable. Being that the Reefs is a small hotel (67 rooms), means there are about 150 guests. We saw familiar faces daily and everyone was very friendly. Seeing business cards exchanged was a common sight. During our stay I’d estimate about 60% of the clientele to be in their 60’s or 70’s, about 30% were in their 40-50’s and 10% in their 20’s-30’s. We found a great group of people (about 10 of us) that we exchanged e-mails with and made promises to stay in touch.

To conclude, the Reefs is a great place for couples to vacation and we will not wait another 25 years before our next visit.

canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

we just spent 5 day in lovely Bermuda. I have to say that this was the best vacation we have had in along time. The hotel is very relaxed atmosphere,beaches are very quiet and romantic.The food was excellent and kudos to Manny who workes in Oceans Echo. He recommendations were perfect. I can highly recommend this for a couple and can't wait till our next trip in 2010.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Reefs? Share your experiences!