DH & I checked into point suite #339- Bay Grapes on 11/5. First the good: The Reefs is a fabulous place to relax and spend some quality time with someone you love. The service is first rate, the food is great, the atmosphere is casual yet elegant and the views are to die for thru out the resort. Fabulous location in Southhampton with easy access to both the bus and scooter rental. Construction is all finished next door. We toured 'The Reefs Club" and I must say it is beautiful. Next time I would ask another couple to join us and stay threre if they are still availabale for rental. Absolutely gorgeous no expense spared here!
Now the bad: I was somewhat disapointted with the point suite, I was expecting a 2 rooms suite. The room was a big room with a sitting area with a sofa and chair and a king bed facing out towards the balcony. It had a large bath with a jacuzzi tub- seperate single glass shower with a rainshower, double granite vanity and a seperate makeup area. I agree with previous posters that the decor in the room is a liitle faded- our rug was badly stained as was a uphosltersed bench at the foot of the bed, we had a few burnt out lights and the hot tub on the balcony had a mind of it's own- it worked fine but there were no instructions and you nedded to punch a sequebnce of buttons to get it to turn on or off ( ie; push the temp button twice and then the light button) so for the entire time we were there it ran and ran which got irratating after a awhile. We called the first hour we were in the room and a maintence man came to investigate promptly- the only thing was he put water in and claimed it was all fixed-the morning we were checking out another maintenace man showed up and told us how to actually sequence the buttons so it worked properly- a little late. They just need to put instructions in the room and everyone could figure it out. The balcony was very large and had a chaise and 2 chairs with a table. Last year we stayed in a horizon Jr Suite- for the difference in $$ I would stay there again over a point suite-JMHO.
2 highlights of the trip were a in room couples massage by two of the most talented and professional therapists from La Serena Spa- absolutely heaven on earth and playing golf at the newly opened Port Royal Golf Course- beautiful and very challenging. If you go they have great off season special on Mondays between 10-2. We paid $312 which included 2- 18 hole rounds, a cart, we forgot gloves so we had to buy 2 and 2 sets of brand new taylor made rental clubs. Anyone who knows about resort golf knows thats a GREAT deal.
All in all we had a great stay at The Reefs and will gladly return next year- we love Bermuda, it's people and scenery.
- Also Known As:
- The Reefs Hotel
- The Reefs Hotel Southampton
- Reefs Hotel Southampton
- Reefs Resort Southampton
- The Reefs Bermuda
- Reefs Bermuda
- The Reefs Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Widely recognized as the best hotel in Bermuda, this award-winning and intimate hotel offers spectacular ocean views from every room. Perched along limestone cliffs overlooking its own private beach you'll enjoy legendary Bermudian hospitality and gourmet dining at three different restaurants. The Reefs is one place where you will feel perfectly at ease. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Reefs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.