For years we planned to spend our 50th anniversary in Bermda; I researched where to stay, what to do, how to enjoy our trip fully; this was our first time in Bermuda. The Reefs came highly recommended, so we chose it based on other reviews. But those glowing reviews did not begin to do it justice. From the moment of arrival until the hour of departure we felt welcomed and treated with friendly respect. The views are beyond spectacular, the hotel was immaculate, the Ocean Echo restaurant delicious and the staff there attentive but not obtrusive. The gorgeous beach almost made me want to sleep out by the surf...and the sand was so soft I think we could have done that! And the view from our room took our breath away.
Always the staff was gracious and unhurried, making us feel very comfortable. They gave helpful directions and assistance when we asked, always had taxis when we needed them, made good suggestions as to what was walkable and what was a little too challenging. The restaurant, Henry VIII, was just a nice walking distance away and a great place also to dine.
We met a number of interesting people from a variety of states and countries that made conversations with other guests enjoyable; none of them were intimidating or off-putting. There were only a few children and they were well behaved in the dining room. There were a group of Harvard students who "sang for their supper" in the Ocean Eacho dining room that added to the charm of the evening.
We were there in March so it was off season, but the weather was beyond superb for us Midwesterners (I know this was not the Reef's doing...although they do things with such excellence that I imagine that this would be their exact choice!). Some might find it a bit chilly or windy, but for us it was absolutely perfect....made Illinois seem quite awful upon our return. And that was the worst thing about the whole week: having to leave! The entire island was wonderful, with great bus/ferry service, lots to see but such a relaxed feel that you didn't ever feel rushed or overwhelmed by it....just right1
I want to thank the Reefs for making it a truly GOLDEN WEEK for us that we will treasure the rest our lives.....we plan to return long before another FIFTY years rolls around....maybe even next year!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Widely recognized as the best hotel in Bermuda, this award-winning and intimate hotel offers spectacular ocean views from every room. Perched along limestone cliffs overlooking its own private beach you'll enjoy legendary Bermudian hospitality and gourmet dining at three different restaurants. The Reefs is one place where you will feel perfectly at ease. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Amex, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Reefs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reefs Hotel Southampton
- Reefs Hotel Southampton
- Reefs Resort Southampton
- The Reefs Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Reefs Bermuda