My husband and I just got back from staying 5 days at this resort to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary and it was wonderful! When we walked in and saw the view from the hotel pool area our jaws literally dropped! The hotel is practically on top of the ocean with the most fabulous 180 degree view of pure shining ocean from almost every single room in the place. The decor has a relaxed Mediterranean feel, and the staff is very friendly and welcoming. The manager gave us a tour of the place upon our arrival.
The room was as I would have expected...casual but very nice. Bathroom was HUGE!
The on-site beach is stunning...with a sand bar that runs way out into the ocean. The hotel has various watercraft and snorkles you can rent...we liked the battery-powered double lounge chair with drink holders. There is a reef on property you can snorkle in but it was disappointing...the structure seemed young and there were not too many fish, although the plant life was abundant.. There is a cute tiki bar right on the beach with someone walking around taking your drink order, which was really nice. The jacuzzis were nice and hot and located with again, stunning views of the ocean.
We ate only at the "downstairs" restaurant which has the gorgeous floor to ceiling windows and the food was quite good. We heard the "upstairs" restaurant was only average, and by our experience there for lunch and breakfast I would agree. The food variety upstairs was excellent, but the food quality itself was only average--a little dried out. We did the meal plan and participated in the "dining swap" option to eat at the Reefs and Cambridge Beaches. Definitely worth doing! In my opinion, the Reefs restaurant is on par with the Pompano, maybe only slightly better. We walked around the property and my sense was the Reefs has a more stately and refined feel, whereas Pompano seemed to have a more relaxed atmosphere. I thought the beach was actually more stunning at the Pompano. Cambridges Beaches food was exquisite...presentation and service above the Reefs and Pompano in my opinion.
The resort is owned and operated by a US family who has a history in Bermuda, and it was refreshing to have such a personal touch, friendly environment and excellent customer service in the "Carribean". We had a minor issue with our room and it was addressed within hours of reporting it.
We also did a couple's massage, which was fun and again, in a room with a vast ocean expanse view. The massage itself was excellent, but definitely very very pricey.
All in all I would say my husband and I really enjoyed our time at the Pompano. Even the bar staff and other guests were outgoing and friendly and we ended up chatting and meeting up with other couples for drinks at the bar at the end of our separate days. Also, after spending a day and a half here my husband and I agreed we'd like to come back and bring our 7 year old twins next time. This is the kind of place that you can bring kids -- they have a separate kids pool -- and be comfortable. But the place is not overrun by kids....couples can definitely have a romantic visit, too. Our room was right next to the pool and we found there was no pool noise at night.
The only drawback I can come up with is the hotel is a little further out than most, making a trip to Hamilton about 30-45 minutes long by bus. To get to the Crystal Caves took us over an hour and a half by bus (lots of stops and a bus change in Hamilton), and to Dolphin Quest about 15 minutes by cab. Not a huge deal...but extra cost to plan for.
I would absolutely recommend this hotel...it was our kind of place!!
- Also Known As:
- Pompano Beach Club Hotel Southampton
- Pompano Beach Club Hotel
- Pompano Beach Hotel
- Pompano Beach Resort
- Pompano Beach Club Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 75 room beachfront resort has been owned and operated by the Lamb family since 1956. It offers extensive recreational facilities, a breathtaking oceanfront setting, gourmet cuisine, spacious oceanview accommodations, a casual, relaxed atmosphere and personalized, caring service, with Bermudian hospitality that is second to none. The resort overlooks Bermuda's southwest coast and attracts lots of honeymooners, families and couples (especially golfers, watersports enthusiasts and those looking for R&R). Come see why so many of their guests return year after year! The owner-managers are hands-on and passionate about the service they give their guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Pompano Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.