We just returned from the Fall Couples Golf Tournament sponsored by the Pompano Beach Club. We've been to Bermuda and the Pompano 14 times since 1999 and have attended the Fall Couples Tournament for the past 5 years. Over this time both the Pompano Beach Club and the Couples Tournament just keep getting better and better.
We love where the hotel is located, on a cliff overlooking a sand bar that turns the ocean magnificent variations of turquoise that you can see from your room and virtually the entire property. It has a lovely tiered private beach. It faces west providing incredible sunsets and is next to the newly renovated Port Royal Golf Course where the Grand Slam of Golf was played this year and where we played 2 rounds of the 4 day golf tournament.
One of the best things about the Pompano is that the management and staff, both on site and in their Wayland, MA office, truly care about their guests and their hotel. The staff provides just the right mix of professionalism, a feeling of being part of their family, and the extra effort to do everything they can to make your stay great. The hotel is continually being upgraded, adding amenities and refurbishing to keep it in great shape. In fact, I don’t believe there’s been a year where were haven’t seen improvements made. We like that it’s a smaller, more intimate hotel but with the amenities of a larger hotel. All the rooms we’ve stayed in have been lovely and the food is excellent. I’ve read some other reviews of the Pompano on TripAdvisor and have to say we absolutely know we stayed at the same hotel as most of the reviewers and I can’t believe we stayed at the same hotel as a few of the others.
Because we’re into golf, the Couples Tournament is a terrific event for us. It’s professionally run, with multiple formats on multiple courses. But it’s also become as much a social event as a golf tournament. We’ve met many new friends from all over the country and the UK and look forward to seeing them, as well as our Pompano friends, each year.
The worst thing about the Pompano and Bermuda is leaving, the best, is knowing we’ll be back.
To Larry, Tom, Velda, Mervyn and everyone else at the Pompano and to Alex at To a Tee Bermuda – thanks so much for making our vacation and the tournament so great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 75 room beachfront resort has been owned and operated by the Lamb family since 1956. It offers extensive recreational facilities, a breathtaking oceanfront setting, gourmet cuisine, spacious oceanview accommodations, a casual, relaxed atmosphere and personalized, caring service, with Bermudian hospitality that is second to none. The resort overlooks Bermuda's southwest coast and attracts lots of honeymooners, families and couples (especially golfers, watersports enthusiasts and those looking for R&R). Come see why so many of their guests return year after year! The owner-managers are hands-on and passionate about the service they give their guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Pompano Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pompano Beach Club Hotel Southampton
- Pompano Beach Hotel
- Pompano Beach Resort
- Pompano Beach Club Bermuda/Southampton Parish