“This place is wonderful!!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   36 Pompano Beach Road, SB 03 , Bermuda   |
Offers & Announcements
$200 resort credit promo
A TripAdvisor Member
“This place is wonderful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2005

My husband, baby, and I just returned from a four night vacation at the Pompano Beach Club and absolutely loved it! The staff were all so friendly and accommodating. They made us feel at home and they welcomed our 16 month old baby warmly. Our room was perfect in both location and layout; the one-bedroom suite allowed us to put our baby down for naps and bedtime while we talked or watched TV in the other room.

We've stayed at two other places on the island and would have returned
to The Reefs if our friend hadn't recommended Pompano Beach Club so highly. While we've always enjoyed The Reefs and have had a splendid time there (and would also highly recommend them), we were taken by the friendliness of the Pompano staff and their willingness to help us out and make our stay as comfortable and enjoyable as it was.

From leaving us milk and bananas in our room (so that we'd have something to feed the baby upon our arrival) to helping us take one of our dinners in our room on a night when the baby was tired and cranky), to the friendly greetings as we passed through the lobby, the staff were all incredibly helpful and friendly!

We can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel. It's terrific!

• Stayed January 2005

998 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2005

Just returned from 5 days and 4 nights at the Pompano. Could not imagine a more inviting setting. The atmosphere was very relaxing, the service was excellent. The variety of offerings on the dinner and breakfast menus was sufficient, and the quality of meals superb. The sunset views from the restaurant are breathtaking. The Pompano location is isolated, but there are plenty of travel options available for getting around the island. Highly recommend getting a scooter -- much more freedom and fun than the available taxis/bus/ferrys.
The room quality was average and consistent with other beach hotels I have stayed, but the quality of the setting, service and food quality pushes my overall review to excellent.

• Stayed April 2005
Philadelphia, Pa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2005

Just returned from a 6 night vacation at Pompano Beach Club and cannot say enough good things about the entire experience. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left we were treated like one of the family. The food was superb every day without exception. The location was fantastic. We have traveled extensively but seldom have encountered the level of hospitality and service we found at Pompano Beach. In fact, we liked it so much we have already booked for next year and will probably make it an annual event.
Tom & Joanne Shannon
Philadelphia

Needham, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2005

We spent our 10 year wedding anniversary at the Pompano last July and I have been meaning to write a review ever since. This place is absolutely amazing. The rooms are gorgeous. The service is impeccable and the food is the best I have ever had in my life. Go! Go! Go! It is the best on all levels.

• Stayed July 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2005

My mother and I just returned from a fabulous stay at The Pompano Beach Club. We definitely will return. Many of the guests we met were repeat visitors. This small, intimate, family-run hotel is among the best in the world. The owners and staff provided SUPERB customer service, the food was great, and the accommodations were very nice. The setting is so beautiful you truly feel as if you are in paradise. Do yourself a favor, if you are going to Bermuda anytime soon stay at Pompano!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2005

WOW!!! Just finished a 5 day visit with ten members of my family. Having stayed at the old Elbow Beach Club and many times at the Coral Beach and Tennis Club, Pompano Beach Club ranks right up there with the best. All of the staff, from waiters, especially Christian, to the hands-on-owner Larry Lamb, treat you like a member of the family from the moment you step out of the taxi. The rooms were superb, I suggest the Deluxe rooms ( #10 was excellent ) right on the water, they were clean and spacious. The 5 course meals were superb. We spent one evening on the exchange plan at the Reefs but felt as if we made a mistake, as we were treated like Third World citizens, seated in a far corner in a back room. Try it if you like but Pompano Beach 5 course is a much better option. I cannot say enough about the "family" atmosphere here. The relativly small size of the resort (60 rooms total), compared to the mega-mart resorts that are moving in, which couldn't remember your name without nametags is what makes it all worth while. The Pompano Beach Club will have my deposit in the very near future for my next visit in September.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2005

We just returned 2 days ago from the Pompano Beach Club after an 11 day
vacation. It was our first time to Bermuda and we certainly picked a great
hotel to stay in. We have travelled extensively all over the world and have
stayed in 5 & 6 star hotels, such as Intercontinental, Grand Hyatt, Hilton,
etc., but the fantastic service from the friendly reception desk to the bars
and dining room waiters was exceptional. By the second morning, Henriques knew that I like English Breakfast Tea and it was brought to the
table as soon as I sat down. He also knew that at night I liked Decaf Coffee
with cream, not milk. That is what I call exceptional service. Our room
was #2, a fantastic room with gorgeous view to knock your camera lens
off!!! We had more room than we needed, and that bathroom with 2 sinks
and large soaker tub!!!! The food was excellent and well presented, not to
mention plenty of it too. I am now back on my Atkins diet to drop the
extra pounds I put on from eating the great food.

I would definitely return to the Pompano Beach Club if we go back to Bermuda, and I have already recommended it to several people as well as
my personal Bank Manager whom I saw today. I will be giving him a
brochure next week so he can book his own vacation in August. I know he
will be pleased too.

• Stayed March 2005

Been to Pompano Beach Club? Share your experiences!