The Pompano Beach Club is a very nice resort located right on the water with its own (small) beach. As other reviews have stated, the service is what sets this resort apart from others, along with the outstanding food quality. I would recommend the MOB meal plan as every thing is made to order and allows you to select freely from the menu and the portions are more than ample (NY strip, filet, etc.). We did visit the Cambridge which participates in a dining exchange and the meal did not measure to the PBC. We did use the exchange as a means to check out another property.
We stayed in a deluxe room which is direct ocean front and one that I would recommend, although all rooms have an ocean view. The room itself (#81) was very nice and appears to have been remodeled, but the approach to the room is a little bit of a let down. The outside of the entrance door was rusty and the corridor that leads to the rooms had mold and bird droppings. These are first impressions but we did notice that they were doing improvements while we were there. New chairs in the lunch restaurant were delivered the day we left and I could see that the pool area chairs were fairly new.
The lobby area has been renovated as well , but the bar area has still retained a rustic appearance/feel. There are floor to ceiling windows in the main area which makes you feel that the ocean is right at your feet. The view is fantastic! While it was early in the season when we visited (last week in March) the beach hadn’t been maintained. There was debris on the beach and a quad used for raking the sand was parked right in front of the steps to the beach. There was also a fair amount of sand blown in by the steps and a few were totally covered. People do like to take walks on the beach at all times of the year and it was even warm enough for some to swim in the ocean (not me).
I have not seen entertainment ever being much to write about, but the entertainment here was poor which is probably because the resort was only bout 60% full. I see this resort more for an older crowd due to the lack of activities; however, the number of steps to the rooms, hot tub, and beach could be an issue for anyone that may have mobility issues. The only reason I did not rate PBC as a five star resort is due to the maintenance concerns (although I can see that updates are being made) but the food, service, and views are top rated. Needless to say, we had a relaxing, stress-free vacation due to the efforts of all who make Pompano Beach Club a special place to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 75 room beachfront resort has been owned and operated by the Lamb family since 1956. It offers extensive recreational facilities, a breathtaking oceanfront setting, gourmet cuisine, spacious oceanview accommodations, a casual, relaxed atmosphere and personalized, caring service, with Bermudian hospitality that is second to none. The resort overlooks Bermuda's southwest coast and attracts lots of honeymooners, families and couples (especially golfers, watersports enthusiasts and those looking for R&R). Come see why so many of their guests return year after year! The owner-managers are hands-on and passionate about the service they give their guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Otel, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Pompano Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pompano Beach Club Hotel Southampton
- Pompano Beach Hotel
- Pompano Beach Resort
- Pompano Beach Club Bermuda/Southampton Parish