I am a travel agent and just had my 12th trip to Bermuda. I have stayed at a variety of places, many of which are not in business anymore but I have stayed at the Reefs, Elbow and Surfside. This was my 3rd trip to the Pompano Beach Club in the last 3 years and will be back again next March.
Each time I have stayed in the Flying Fish building which is a brief walk to the main building and is right on top of the water. I prefer the rooms on the second floor. They have a vaulted ceiling giving it a bit of a more open feel. The views are beautiful. The bathrooms are large and very clean. To those that have commented on the furnishings being run down they were in the process of replacing the furniture and drapes in the buildings where I was staying. Our room had been partially changed and the new furniture is made of dark wood and was very attractive. Not sure if everyroom in the hotel was getting the change but I know that at least 2 buildings right on the water were.
One of the things I love about this hotel is its proximity to Port Royal Golf Course. I am a golfer and have played every course on the island. I would play Port Royal any day over Tuckers Point and Mid Ocean.
The other things that make this hotel stand out is the owners, the front desk staff, the restaurant staff in the Ocean Grill and the bar staff. They go out of their way to help you and make sure you are pleased.
The meal plan in a must. The breakfast made to order is great and they will make just about anything if you ask. The menu in the Cedar room changes nightly but my favorite dining is the Ocean Grill. The lamb chops are terrific as is the squash soup and I can't resist the chocolate mouse which is to die for and I make a very chocolate mouse.
There is a complimentary shuttle to the golf course, the bus stop and the grocery store. Personally I prefer to walk between the hotel and the golf course. The course will store your clubs for you during your stay.
I would highly recommend this hotel if you are considering a trip to Bermuda.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 75 room beachfront resort has been owned and operated by the Lamb family since 1956. It offers extensive recreational facilities, a breathtaking oceanfront setting, gourmet cuisine, spacious oceanview accommodations, a casual, relaxed atmosphere and personalized, caring service, with Bermudian hospitality that is second to none. The resort overlooks Bermuda's southwest coast and attracts lots of honeymooners, families and couples (especially golfers, watersports enthusiasts and those looking for R&R). Come see why so many of their guests return year after year! The owner-managers are hands-on and passionate about the service they give their guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Otel, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Pompano Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pompano Beach Club Hotel Southampton
- Pompano Beach Hotel
- Pompano Beach Resort
- Pompano Beach Club Bermuda/Southampton Parish