We would have liked to have graded this property excellent, and had every intention of doing so before we arrived, based on friends' recommendations and Trip Advisor reviews. This traditional Bermudian establishment was exactly what we were looking for, but time and possibly the economy had taken a toll on the maintenance of the property. In all fairness we had to postpone our trip twice because of superstorm Sandy and a closed airport. They continued to be able to accommodate us when we finally arrived one month after our original reservation and also let us use an expired coupon for a $400 credit, so we were very grateful for that.
We had booked a deluxe room months earlier which was not available, due to our change in dates, our final night. That turned out to be very bad news, we were transferred to a "suite", the bedroom of which reminded me of a Motel 6 room, the sea view faced the other direction. Our deluxe room, on the other hand for the first 3 nights, was fabulous, with a great view of the ocean, the sound of the waves audible from our bed. We had MAP, dinner each night in their restaurant, good food but not great with the exception of the fabulous fish chowder. Alina, in charge of the Ocean Grill restaurant, did her best to make our experience positive, but our impression was that groups and parties visiting the facility were given priority over those of us who were there as guests. The staff, which everyone says is so accommodating, was not so much to us. We were tolerated rather than made to feel welcome, like uninvited guests. I would suggest they develop an excursion program for visitors--taking the bus or renting the taxi was the only way to see the beautiful island.
The bottom line: beautiful views, beautiful deluxe room. Intrusive music, a poor choice, piped in the restaurants, with satisfactory but not excellent cuisine. Our 40th anniversary trip was very good, but not the excellent experience we had anticipated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 75 room beachfront resort has been owned and operated by the Lamb family since 1956. It offers extensive recreational facilities, a breathtaking oceanfront setting, gourmet cuisine, spacious oceanview accommodations, a casual, relaxed atmosphere and personalized, caring service, with Bermudian hospitality that is second to none. The resort overlooks Bermuda's southwest coast and attracts lots of honeymooners, families and couples (especially golfers, watersports enthusiasts and those looking for R&R). Come see why so many of their guests return year after year! The owner-managers are hands-on and passionate about the service they give their guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Otel, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Pompano Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pompano Beach Club Hotel Southampton
- Pompano Beach Hotel
- Pompano Beach Resort
- Pompano Beach Club Bermuda/Southampton Parish