“All we wanted was a cup of coffee?” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Golf Courses
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Only shirts with collars on the green, please, and make your reservations early, because this course is popular among those golfers with refined tastes.
London
26 attraction reviews
“All we wanted was a cup of coffee?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from playing golf in Bermuda with 3 rounds on Port Royal. It’s a lovely golf course with stunning views on almost every hole and an easy signature hole the 16th!!!!(At least I missed it in the same bunker as Bubba) However in our opinion the club house lets it down. They make a big thing of having recently had the Grand Slam of golf played there but I bet if Bubba Watson wanted a cup of coffee in the club house he got one. We on the other hand were told it couldn’t be done and had to go outside and use the halfway house. Both the men’s and ladies (so my wife told me) changing facilities are poor for a club of this standing. The starter was good value for money and had a story to tell and tell and tell! He thought I reminded him of Rory Mcllroy until I pointed out I was 40years older, and then he saw my 1st shot which may have changed his opinion? Good golf course off the blue tees but I bet a beast off the black when the wind blows.

Visited November 2012

Holmdel, New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
“Come for the golf, stay for the views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We visited the Port Royal Golf Club during the PGA Grand Slam and fell in love with the course. The views at almost every hole were breathtaking. We walked the entire course, which is huge, but a must play if you golf. We didn't get to play this time because of the tournament, but are definitely going back.

Ontario
42 attraction reviews
“PGA Grand Slam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Well we walked the course for 3 days following the PGA players and course was in wonderful condition. Despite the crowds, volunteers and staff were polite, friendly and professional. Unable to play it because of the PGA event but its on a must do for our next visit.

Banff, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Fantastic course!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Played it right after the PGA Grand Slam of Golf. Superb shape, great views and a great track! Fast greens!

Lake Worth, Florida, United States
16 attraction reviews
“I'm not Padraig”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was so busy watching the incredible views I forgot to score better. The course was in excellent shape just after the PGA Grand Slam was played there. The fairways were generous but the bunkers were not. The greens were perfect! The golf balls rolled true in very hole. The staff greeted us with a smile and made us feel welcome. I didn't score too well on the famous 16th hole but I was rewarded with excellent pictures. Oh man! What a marvelous golf course. Now I can die happy...not yet.