“Horseshoe Bay” 4 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Top Rated
$115*
and up
Bermuda Powerboat Round-the-Island Tour Including...
Type: Beaches, Outdoors
Activities: Swimming
More attraction details
Owner description: Swim in safety at Bermuda's most popular beach, best known for the lifeguard on duty from May to September.
Belleville, Canada
“Horseshoe Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Bermuda's most famous beach. Lot of nice walking along the sands. Beautiful views from cliffs at road.

Visited December 2012

7 attraction reviews
“Beautiful beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were here in "winter" so the beach was secluded. Beautiful sand, interesting limestone sculptures carved by the ocean.

Visited January 2013
Hamilton Parish, Bermuda
“Beautiful pink sand!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good for sun bathing and good swimmers. The tide can be challenging. There is a smaller natural pool for those that just want to wade near by.

Visited July 2012
Carlsbad, CA
26 attraction reviews
“Nice beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Pink pearls of sand like no where else. Warm water and beautiful scenery. easy to get to and nicely secluded

Visited October 2012
Mechanicsburg, PA
55 attraction reviews
“Possibly the Most Beautiful Beach in the World”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I visited Horseshoe Bay Beach back in October while on my cruise to Bermuda. My family and I booked at shore excursion package to the beach from the cruise line. The package cost about $30 per person and included a ride to and from the beach. If you do come on a cruise ship, it probably is much cheaper to take a taxi or pink and blue public bus to the beach; though there is a chance that you could have to walk up and down a very steep hill to the beach. I realized this before I bought the tickets, but then again, I had the security knowing that the ship would not leave without me.

The ride from the port in Kings Wharf to the beach was probably about 30 minutes with traffic, etc. Unfortunately, on the day we visited the beach it was very cloudy with occasional rain showers. Although, because of the rain, barely anyone was visiting that day. Crowd free, unlike most reviews I have read!

My family and I rented beach chairs and just as we sat down to relax, it started to pour. The rain never stopped. It only got heavier. Because I was already soaked by the rain, I figured why not get in the ocean. Even though it was pouring, I spent close to 3 hours in the ocean.

The ocean and sand are breath taking. The ocean has the most beautiful color, unlike any ocean I have ever seen. Not to mention, I have been to many islands and beaches in the Caribbean, but none of them seemed to compare to Horseshoe Bay. The sand is pink. If you pick up a handful from the ground, you can really see the pink color. So unique and beautiful. In addition, the water temperature was very warm, probably in the 80s.

I would recommend being careful and vigilant in the ocean because of the Portugese Man O War. This ocean creature, well known in Bermuda, is similar to a jellyfish and can sting and poison you. The creature is more prevalent in particular months of the year than others, but just be careful. I was a little concerned that I may encounter one!

While swimming in the ocean, I met a few locals, all of whom were quite friendly and willing to make conversation. The beach seems very safe and well kept.

Also, the beach has nice facilities. You can rent chairs, umbrellas, beach toys, etc. In addition, there is a small restaurant/snack bar open. Lastly, there are clean bathrooms, showers, and changing rooms available.

The only complaint I had was that in the early afternoon, the beach staff came and told us that they were closing and needed to take our beach chairs back. We had only used the chairs for about 15 minutes! We received no refund. I understand that because it was raining and no one was at the beach, they wanted to close down. I was just a little mad because we wasted so much money on the chairs.

Horseshoe Bay Beach is exceptional. I would strongly recommend it. Everything about this beach was stunning. So glad I got to spend my birthday here! Definitely worth a visit!

Visited October 2012