I traveled to Bermuda with my boyfriend for a 4-day stay at the Fairmont Southhampton. We luckily missed Hurrican Bill by a week and had beautiful weather. I could see, however, that if you had bad weather on your trip there would be little to do at the Fairmont. That would be the only negative about Bermuda....
We had booked a moderate room with harbour/golf view and were upgraded upon arrival because no moderate rooms were available due to a convention that was
wrapping up. So we were very pleased when we received a deluxe room with ocean view at the same cost of $139! We originally booked at the rate of $300 a night but 4 days prior to our trip the rates dropped to $139 so we cancelled & re-booked with the new rate! So make sure you keep an eye on the rates because you might be able to do the same!
The beach at the hotel was fantastic. Plenty of lounge chairs...if you want an umbrella you must be there by 10 a.m. or so. They go quick! Horseshoe beach is within walking distance and is beautiful as well, but no need to pay the chair rental fee when the hotel beach is just as nice. Food at the Cabana bar was pretty good, but drinks were very overpriced! I have no problem paying a lot of money for a great meal but $14 for a pina colada is pushing it!
We ate at several of the restaurants. Bacci was by far our favorite. Nice, cozy atmosphere and yummy Italian food. The Ocean Club was very good as well. Definitely more modern inside but the staff was fabulous at both restaurants. We ate breakfast every morning at Windows on the Sound. We skipped the buffet option at ordered sraight from the menu which I think is the best way to go. The belgium waffles & omelets were particularly tasty!
Overall, we were extremely pleased and will return for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont
- The Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish