“Great service” 5 of 5 stars

3rd Night Free
Hingham, Massachusetts
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My stay last week was exceptional. The staff was extremely friendly and always helpful. My room was large, nicely furnished, clean, and comfortable. The staff was very attentive and always greet guests promptly and with a smile - and this was without exception. I have no complaints and can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
Dover
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

2 days here was not nearly enough, but what a great place for R and R. The food in their restaurants were super. High Tea was a great relaxing experience
The free ferry to Hamilton was another added benefit. Te trolley to get to the beach was always available

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Briarcliff Manor, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was here for a conference and this is a beautiful property (although a little dated). We were on the Gold level where the concierage people were extremely attentive and helpful. They had balloons and a cake for our daughter who turned 16 on Sunday. The breakfast on that level which was included was very good. Our room was a little small but had a nice bathroom and terrace. Food at this property was very good. Service outside the Gold area was good enough but not great. Very slow when there are a lot of people. At the pool restaurant service was very slow and even though it was adjacent to a regular restaurant they gave us plastic utensils. Whether at the beach club or the pool a lot of the staff just seemed to stand around a lot and were not particularly helpful. Tips are included in the check so maybe there is less incentive to extend themselves.

One drawback is that to get to the small beach area you have to take a bus and it can take a long time to get one there or back. For a conference this was a very nice place and overall they did a very nice job. I don't know that I would come for a family vacation here but it is worth trying.

Room Tip: Go for the Gold Floor
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Carlita L, Marketing & Communications Manager at The Fairmont Southampton, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you FredSiegel, for taking the time to review your recent visit. I am glad you found that Fairmont Gold provided unparalelled service and were able to surprise & delight your daughter on her birthday! All of our rooms are the same size at 450 sq. ft (apart from suites & specialty rooms, which are larger).

I am glad you enjoyed the dining at the property. To answer your query about the utensils at the pool - only plastic dishware, glasses & cutlery are used pool-side to avoid any dangerous situations with broken items and bare feet or the pool water. Your comments about the beach & pool staff standing around are concerning to me, and I apologize sincerely if you did not receive the service appropriate from Fairmont staff. I have sent this over to our Operations team to review. Our shuttles to the beach run regularly every few minutes, but I apologize if the ride was long during any of your visits down or back up.

Thank you again for sharing the details of your recent stay, I hope you and your family does considering coming back to vacation with us in the future.

Warm Regards,
Carlita Lodge
Marketing & Communications Manager
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We recently returned to Fairmont Southampton and it did not disappoint. Everything was perfect, from check-in to the beautifully decorated rooms to the wonderful service. If you like to be a little out of the hustle & bustle then this is the hotel for you. A short ferry ride brings you into Hamilton (where the sister hotel is located) & of course there is the private beach with pristine waters, plenty of seating and of course A+ service. We only wished we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms, all have beautiful views either of the harbour or the ocean/golf course.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

We came here for our birthdays and Mother's Day weekend. It was a long, nice romantic weekend. They even brought us a delicious birthday cake. The fairmont gold was great and everyone was very attentive. Our room was spacious and comfortable. The beach was amazing and the reefs that were right off shore were beautiful and lively. The restaurants in the hotel were great. We especially liked watching the Miami Heat game in the Jasmine lounge. My husbands favorite part was seeing the parrot fish in an array of colors coming really close to shore. We had a blast! Thank you!!!

• Stayed May 2014
Ogden, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

First of all, I have stayed at a Fairmont Hotel on the gold floor before. It was in Hawaii on the big island and it was INCREDIBLE! I was so impressed with everything there, and especially with the gold floor. So when we booked our trip to Bermuda at the Fairmont, again on the gold floor, we had high expectations. The Fairmont Southampton was an utter disappointment, and that is being nice. Our first problem was the location of our room on the gold floor. There was a back lot of some sort with what I can imagine is where they do a lot of maintenance. Everyday we would hear people yelling and bantering at each other. The sliding glass doors leading to our small balcony were paper thin. We kept going to the balcony thinking they were open because it sounded like it. And if we weren't hearing people yelling, there was some sort of giant buzzing noise that was non stop. Then there was a fighting neighbors. The walls were as paper thin as the sliding glass doors. We heard them screaming and throwing things at each other. Then I filled up the bath tub the first night and crawled in. I looked up at the underneath of the soap dish and the entire bottom part was covered in thick black mold. It was disgusting. I called down to have them come clean it. The lady came up to clean it and says can you come in here? Is that better? And points to the soap dish. I'm thinking well if the mold is gone then yes. Then there was the gold room. After experiencing the gold room in Hawaii, which was ALWAYS stocked full of amazing snacks and food, I expected this to be the same. I can't tell you how many times we went in there and it was bare.. nothing in there. And when there would be something it was a tiny little morsel of food. Considering how much more expensive the gold floor is, we expected more. Then we were in there when they actually had some food in there and a waiter came around serving this little meat balls and dropped one in my lap. Bless his heart I know it was an accident and he truly felt so bad. He tried really hard to make up for it. So there was no hard feelings there. But it all started adding up. Then we came home from the beach one day and our toilet didn't work. It wouldn't refill after flushing. So we called the front desk and they had turned off the water because there was a plumbing problem on our floor. Ok understandable, but maybe a little notice? The front desk seemed so bugged when I called. She said an hour and it will be on. An hour came and passed. So I called again. Again put our the lady said an hour. Well 3.5 hours came and went. I finally called again and she said it's back on. Well our toilet didn't work. So they had to again send maintenance up and he had to work on it for 20 minutes before to get it working again. Then there was a fire alarm. We were laying in bed at 11 at night and the fire alarm goes off and all the doors shut. It continued going off for about a half an hour. My husband and I packed some bags and got ready to leave. It finally got turned off and we went to bed. The next day.. again it goes off. It ended up going off 3 different times over 3 days. I love that they have a security system in place, but they kept saying it's a gliche in the system. It's a gliche in the system. Honestly, our entire stay was super frustrating. We were so disappointed after staying at a different Fairmont. We definitely won't go back to this one

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. I'd like to sincerely apologize at the disappointment you experienced during your stay, it sounds like you experienced a series of services anomalies which did not create a pleasant vacation atmosphere for you. I have spoken to the Fairmont Gold team, and while they are extremely apologetic and disappointed about the feedback you have left, they are unsure of the particulars around your stay. If you could email me at carlita.lodge@fairmont.com, I would be happy to connect you with our Fairmont Gold Management that would like to discuss some of the specifics of the issues you faced and apologize personally.

To address one of your issues vaguely, the Fairmont Gold Lounge offers a continental breakfast at 6:30 AM - 10:30 AM (until 11 on weekends), afternoon tea at 3 PM, hor d'ourves at 5:30 PM, and desserts at 8:30 PM. I am not sure if you visited the Fairmont Gold Lounge at a different time expecting food, but these times are fairly standard and the spread is quite impressive.

Again, I would like to sincerely apologize for this visit - we are committed to providing high-quality service in a relaxing, enjoyable environment and it sounds like we let you down. I very much hope you take the opportunity to reach out to me directly so that we can try to learn from the mistakes we made. Thank you again for your candor.

Best,
Carlita Lodge
Marketing & Communications Manager
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

If you want a resort hotel with all the amenities, the Fairmont fits the bill. By Bermuda standards a very nice beach; a fitness center with brand new equipment with ocean views; excellent tennis program. Hotel ferry to and from Hamilton. The hotel is spotless and the rooms are very tastefully done. Friendly staff. While it's large, I never felt crowded. A great hotel. Highly recommended. I plan to return.

• Stayed May 2014

Been to The Fairmont Southampton? Share your experiences!