I stayed at the Fairmont Southampton in July with a friend and we had a great stay. Our room was spacious, clean, and had a great view (we had a harbor view room and it was a beautiful view to wake up to every day). The service in the hotel was great - everyone was very nice (people in Bermuda are incredibly nice in general). We went to the hotel's private beach every day (even though it was hot we chose to walk rather than take the trolley). The beach was beautiful! Lovely water, perfect temperature, you could snorkel around the rocks, and plenty of beach chairs and umbrellas. You can rent paddleboards on the beach for a good price. You can also easily walk to Horseshoe Bay. We chose to skip the crowded part of that beach and continue walking to the left edge of the beach through many beautiful, private coves. Bermuda really does have the prettiest beaches we had ever seen. We went to the hotel spa one day and enjoyed it (great private relaxing pool). After a certain time (6 pm?) services in the spa are 20% off and you can go to the spa pool/balcony/gym the entire day of your appointment. Also, another hint: join the Fairmont President's Club free online and you'll get complimentary internet in the hotel, free access to the gym, and discounts to the spa. Hotel pool was small but nice, with plenty of chairs for reading and shade if you want it. We mostly ate outside of the hotel but had a meal at the Newport Gastropub and enjoyed it (the Lighthouse and Mickey's on the Beach were our favorite restaurants - we walked to the Lighthouse and took an easy cab ride to MIckey's). I would choose to stay at the Fairmont Southampton again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont