The Fairmont Southampton is an impressive hotel. Set on top of the hill with its own very good private beach, a golf course and its own ferry to Hamilton, it has everything going for it. However there are some strange issues.
At the Fairmont around the world we always go for the Gold rooms. They are more expensive but have extra benefits. Unfortunately the Gold rooms and the service at the Fairmont Southampton are not up to the standard of say the Fairmont in Abu Dhabi. The Fairmont Southampton rooms are the same as the rest of the hotel and the Gold breakfast room is unable to cope with the number of people on that floor. Free water and soft drinks but alcohol has to be paid for and is really expensive.
The food is quite good at the hotel although the Bacci was disappointing. Bermuda is very expensive and to make it worse, they add 17% gratuity to every bill "for our convenience" no matter what the service is like! Where is the incentive for them to perform well?
The blue trolley bus works well down to the beach and the small harbour. The boat cruise to Hamilton is free and delightful, but quite slow. They could easily make a small charge for that and make other things free.
Bermuda is beautiful. Beautiful seas and beaches and the people are very friendly. The downside is the cost and the fact you cannot hire a car. We hired a scooter but it is quite dangerous.
Would we go to Bermuda and the Fairmont again? Probably but there are less expensive islands we could go to with superior facilities and we could hire a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont
- The Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish