This was our third time in Bermuda, different hotel each time. The Fairmont is a beautiful hotel, older but renovated very very nicely. We were in Bermuda to relax for a few days, so I made sure to pick a hotel with a nice beach and I wasn't disappointed. Beautiful private beach (Just a 2 minute trolley ride) and this beach is right next to one of the nicest public beaches in Bermuda, Horseshoe Bay beach.
The hotel offers lots of amenities: a spa, pool, private beach, lots of restaurants, gift shops, golf and if you Join the Fairmont Presidents Club(free) before you go you get free WiFi and use of BMW bikes.
If you've never been to Bermuda just prepare yourself for the cost of food being really really really high. Just get over the fact that you will pay $4.50 for a glass of Coke with ice and $30 for an entree that will not be filling enough for most people. Its just the way it is. There are more reasonable places on the island to eat, look at some of the other reviews. We didn't leave the resort this time, we were just relaxing. The Bacci restaurant had great food, prices seemed reasonable until we got our entrees, they went the route of keeping prices down, limiting portion sizes. The Jasmine Room had good food and relatively good prices, I had a wonderful salmon entree with potatoes and asparagus. The Ocean Club was very nice, they have outdoor dining with beautiful views (make a reservation!) good food. The service in all of the restaurants was outstanding! Could not have asked for more personable friendly staff!
Our room was overlooking the harbor on the 5th floor, beautiful view. Also a large balcony where I had coffee in the morning. Keurig coffee maker in room, mini bar with juices,sodas,water, etc. Wine glasses, corkscrew, real coffee cups, in room safe large enough to store a laptop. Bought a bottle of wine at the airport and had a pre-dinner glass of wine every night. We are not big breakfast people so I brought breakfast bars/snacks from home to eat something in the morning and then we had lunch at the private beach (they serve sandwiches, salads, smoothies, etc good selection) or at Horseshoe Bay Beach. It was convenient to charge everything to the room at the resort. At Horseshoe Bay Beach bring cash (no credit cards accepted) they have good burgers and the like. They also rent chairs, umbrellas.
Bermuda is beautiful
Fabulous private beach, you can swim out to the rocks and snorkel right off the beach. Free towels, chairs with umbrellas, good lunch place.
Next to horseheshoe Bay Beach, also good snorkeling.
Lots of restaurants on site to choose from
never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a trolley.
staff is very helpful
join the presidents club for free WiFi
very large hotel, lots of conventioneers. We prefer a smaller more intimate hotel.
We are casual on vacation (shorts/capris) Many guests seemed to be going to a formal affair(could be convention people or just used to a more urban lifestyle than us)
pool was very small for a hotel of this size, too crowded during the day
All in all, great hotel for couples and families. We had a great "mini" vacation.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel
- Fairmont Southampton
- Southampton Princess
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont
- The Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Tingo, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.