Just recently came back from staying at the Fairmont Southampton. It was a nice and relaxing stay. Here are some of my thoughts:
Beautiful destination, very clean and the people are very cordial. Not much on the main strip but shops and restaurants, but it was nice for a leisurely stroll. We went during the beginning of February, so it was a bit breezy and not hot enough to really enjoy the beaches. Just be aware that whatever weather is going on in the east coast of the U.S., Bermuda will get a ping of that to. So snowy and cold in NY, it will be breezy and very cool in Bermuda.
Nice rooms, very comfortable beds. Basically a standard hotel room. It was comfortable, spacious and clean. Staff was quite nice, especially the doorman Nick. He is a true treasure and the Fairmont is lucky to have him. He gave great suggestions on where to go, what to eat, etc. It was nice to have him around in case we had any questions.
This was my only gripe with the hotel and with the destination. As many reviewers have already stated, the food is quite expensive. My friend and I combined spent about $450 on food for a 3 night stay, and believe me we ate average meals (2 eggs for breakfast, sandwich or salad for lunch, nice dinner, a couple of drinks). We even had the 20% off promotion on all of our food within the hotel and went during restaurant week in Bermuda and the bills were still expensive.We mostly ate on property but did experience 2-3 restaurants offsite. So please be prepared to spend a good chunk of your budget on food and drink.
Unfortunately in my opinion the food was average on property and about average to nice off property. The food just never tasted flavorful. It's as if they cook without seasoning anything. Even off property, we ate at a great restaurant called Barracuda that was very nice (pricey) but good. But it wasn't great, and still there was always something off. I don't know if our palettes are too American (salt, butter, spices) or if they prefer to cook their food in a plain way to stay as safe as possible, but we never had a great enjoyable meal. It was mostly just decent food.
Taxi's are everywhere and plentiful, but could get pricey if you use them to various destinations in a day. We did use the local bus transportation from time to time ($10 for a day pass that can be purchased at the hotel). They come quite often and it's very easy to use to get to the downtown area or anywhere else you want to go (You would use the #8 to get to and from the hotel). If you want to get a nice tour of Bermuda, it's a good idea to use the bus system. It's clean and efficient.
All in all we had a nice trip, and I may give the destination another go when the weather is a bit nicer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont
- The Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish