My wife and I spent the President's Day weekend (Thursday through Monday) at the Fairmont Southampton. Our reason for going was to visit Bermuda, a new destination, and we have always had good experiences with the Fairmont. No exception to that. They arranged airport transportation, we didn't even 'check in' as the Bellman knew we were coming and took us to our room. It was kind of cool flying right over our big pink hotel. The property is beautiful and the restaurants terrific. Waterlot is expensive, but worth it for the food and experience of a nearly 350 year old property. That said, I think our favorite was the Newport, right off the lobby. The atmoshpere was fun, the food terrific, and the people really friendly. Our only regret is that we only had 1 more night by the time we ate there and couldn't return. Learn from us and eat there 'the Chicago way', early and often. One highlight for us was walking the Railway Trail towards the Dockyards. We went about 12 kilometers and then took the bus the rest of the way (we were running out of time!). Our suggestion to the conceirge was that they recommend that trail as a bike trail for guests. Wonderful walk, but it would be a really great bike ride. I didn't get to play the golf course, but that looks like a really fun par 3 track. I did play Port Royal---go play that course. Nice layout and really interesting holes, especially 15 and 16. Took a little while but I was told that is normal; no worries.
Great trip, fabulous property. And if you talk to the conceirge prior to getting there and you promise to stop by the desk to say 'Hi', make sure you remember----because they do! Go and enjoy.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel
- Fairmont Southampton
- Southampton Princess
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont
- The Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.