I have been to Bermuda a couple of times in the past but always by the way of a cruise ship. I fell in love with Bermuda and decided to try and see it another way so I flew there and booked the Fairmont Southampton. I am very glad I did! I flew on December 31st and stayed until January 5th. I knew that most people would be going away and that is what I wanted. I wanted a relaxing stay without a ton of people I got what I wished for!
Since my main focus was relaxation, I bought a pass for the indoor pool at the spa. I knew that less people would be there and the people there would want relaxation also. It was always very quiet and peaceful so I was glad I bought that pass.
As for the room, I had difficulties at first because I was put in a room that was connecting with another one. I could follow the conversation in the other room and they were there to party. I could not even hear the television since their music was too loud. I went to the front desk and they moved me to a very quiet room. The rooms are very spacious and the balcony are a plus. You can see the wear and tear with the carpet and the tapestry but this is always the case in hotels where there has not been a major refurbishment in a while and usually the wear and tear occurs quickly with so many guests.
I had booked the Bermuda escape sale so the room was 50% off (165$ a night) and 20% off restaurants, golf and spa. I mostly ate at Jasmine and found the food very good. It is not high end gastronomy, you can go to the Waterlot for that, but serves good food for relatively good prices. Since I live in Montreal and go to New York frequently, the prices did not surprise me but if you are from a small town you will find them very expensive!!!
Of course, the beach is just down the hill that you can access with the trolley. It is a private beach located next door to Horseshoebay which is an incredible beach! I was almost the only one in the ocean since the temperatures in December-January are around 20 C-70 F. I am used to cold weather so I swam in the ocean and was very happy to!
All in all, it was an incredible trip. I think that if the prices are as good next year as this year, I will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont
- The Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish