I have been to Bermuda a couple of times in the past but always by the way of a cruise ship. I fell in love with Bermuda and decided to try and see it another way so I flew there and booked the Fairmont Southampton. I am very glad I did! I flew on December 31st and stayed until January 5th. I knew that most people would be going away and that is what I wanted. I wanted a relaxing stay without a ton of people I got what I wished for!
Since my main focus was relaxation, I bought a pass for the indoor pool at the spa. I knew that less people would be there and the people there would want relaxation also. It was always very quiet and peaceful so I was glad I bought that pass.
As for the room, I had difficulties at first because I was put in a room that was connecting with another one. I could follow the conversation in the other room and they were there to party. I could not even hear the television since their music was too loud. I went to the front desk and they moved me to a very quiet room. The rooms are very spacious and the balcony are a plus. You can see the wear and tear with the carpet and the tapestry but this is always the case in hotels where there has not been a major refurbishment in a while and usually the wear and tear occurs quickly with so many guests.
I had booked the Bermuda escape sale so the room was 50% off (165$ a night) and 20% off restaurants, golf and spa. I mostly ate at Jasmine and found the food very good. It is not high end gastronomy, you can go to the Waterlot for that, but serves good food for relatively good prices. Since I live in Montreal and go to New York frequently, the prices did not surprise me but if you are from a small town you will find them very expensive!!!
Of course, the beach is just down the hill that you can access with the trolley. It is a private beach located next door to Horseshoebay which is an incredible beach! I was almost the only one in the ocean since the temperatures in December-January are around 20 C-70 F. I am used to cold weather so I swam in the ocean and was very happy to!
All in all, it was an incredible trip. I think that if the prices are as good next year as this year, I will be back!
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel
- Fairmont Southampton
- Southampton Princess
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont
- The Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Venere, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Stentorian NV, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your The Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.