“The facility” 4 of 5 stars

20% off & $200 Credit
Oxford, Ohio
“The facility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have stayed at verious hotels in and out of the country, however, this property is a very good location near the center of the island, making it easy to travel from the Dockyard or St. George with a stop in Hamilton if desired.. Each staff member were very knowledgable of their given area. They remembered our names during the entire stay and were very pleasent to work with while making reservations.

The grounds were well kept, and the holiday lights and declorations were in excellent taste.
The menus were filled with items for every taste-bud, and the hours were excellent.

Room Tip: 2nd room from corner great view of the ocean and golf course from the 4th floor, little noisy at ni...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

1,868 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Polish first
Acton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Our room was spacious, clean, nicely decorated and offered beautiful views of the harbor. There are many dining options onsite and there are other restaurants in close proximity with a short taxi or moped ride. They have a trolley shuttle to bring you down the hill to the gorgeous pink-sand beach as well as to the ferry if you want to explore downtown Hamilton. Don't miss the pools and spa!

Hoboken, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Before going into the detail, I'd like to mention that I traveled all over the world and because of that my rating can be quite rough. Because we usually stay at the properties such as Four Seasons, St. Regis, or Ritz Carlton, I can say that I have a higher standard. Anyway, we stayed at The Fairmont Southampton on 11/29 and 11/30. We liked the property itself. It offered nice interior decoration and family friendly facilities/activities such as trolley ride or the private beach. Also the concierge Deanna was THE BEST CONCIERGE EVER! I was really impressed how pleasant she was and how professional she was. What I was disappointed was the overall management. First, our room air conditioning was broken, and did not heat up the room. The room without a/c was around 68F and it was too cold for us, especially having a 2 years old child. The maintenance guy came to our room twice and checked the A/C, and finally told us it could not be fixed. We were waiting for the Frond Desk or the manager to call us, however we did not receive any phone call after half an hour of waiting. We had to call them to arrange the room change which we believe they should have offered immediately after they found the issue. The room we were told to move was in the same category which was also slightly disappointing considering the fact that it was almost 9 pm and we had to wait for over 1 hour in total. We had to push back our child's bed time (big issue for a family with a toddler!). Second, the room especially the bath room area was not clean enough. When we filled up the bath tub for our child, I saw several dust and other gross things floating around. The sink clogged as well which was quite disgusting. I think house keeping department management was poor. Third, when we were at the beach, I found many broken plastics in the sand. They were sharp enough to cut your feet, and I got quite scared to think if our child got injured on the feet. Although it was low season, the hotel should clean the beach everyday and make sure it is safe to walk around. Overall, I feel individual hotel employees were nice and trying their best, so I really do not want to blame any one of them. I just think management needs to improve. I may stay at this hotel again just because it's very family friendly, however I will probably try some other properties if we ever go back to Bermuda.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the harbor, and had a very pretty night view with lights on houses. Definitely h...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Very nice hotel. Impressive views. Great Concierge. Excellent, but very expensive, restaurant.
My wife and I were ther for our 40th. The staff could not have been nicer. We had dinner one night at the Waterlot Inn which is associated with the Hotel. Food was great and the service was perfect. Restaurant is expensive but then again, so are most of the restaurants in Bermuda.

Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this property over the Thanksgiving holiday and overall it was a positive experience. We had been to Bermuda a few other times and wanted to stay at this property. We booked on a Travelzoo deal and had a favorable room rate that included breakfast. The service at this resort is top notch. While there were certainly a significant number of fees attached to the room rate for gratuities and local and country tourist taxes, it was an excellent stay. Our room was lovely, the service was outstanding and the experience overall was excellent It was not an inexpensive hotel but everything was excellent. The staff at this hotel was excellent and very friendly. The food and beverage was very good - beach was beautiful, par three golf course was a lot of fun. Highly recommended for a trip to Bermuda.

ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed over a long weekend in November. It's the shoulder season in Bermuda so a few of the restaurants were closed but overall the food quality was still excellent. Pool and beach were amazing...although sadly there's lots of "junk" that seems to wash up. Weather was perfect...

Overall I would highly recommend this as a family getaway. Oh ...and. For golfers...not me but the course looked amazing.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view. We loved the balcony.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Fairmont Southampton in April 2012 for a last vacation before our baby was born. The staff here was unfallingly helpful. When I left my umbrella at an off-site restaurant, one of the hotel employees volunteered to drive there and pick it up after her shift ended. Take advantage of the free ferry to Hamilton - you get the best of both worlds, staying at the more secluded beach property but with easy access to the city for a day trip. I had no complaints, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Bermuda.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a room facing the ocean - worth it.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Fairmont Southampton? Share your experiences!