Bermuda and the Fairmont Southampton was perfect for our mini relaxation vacation over the extended long weekend. The staff was courteous and the service at the restaurants was wonderful – the server by the pool remembered my name and our drink orders. The location is convenient to reach the beach but it is not as convenient to get to other restaurant options. There are a few places within a 15 min walk or 5 min taxi ride so it is really not too bad – ask the concierge for dining options, they have the menus of most of the local restaurants. The hotel also offers ferry service into Hampton which was perfect for a day trip into town for some shopping and dining variety. Join the Fairmont President’s Club (FPC) to access the fitness centre and internet (wifi) for free. The wifi was super strong and fast. The spa was also very relaxing and the deck overlooking the ocean was great – there is also a 10% discount for FPC members.
They also have an “expedition menu” (part of in room dining) where you can order a boxed lunch to go in a wicker picnic basket. This was perfect for a fun lunch on the beach. I recommend walking passed horseshoe bay to one of the other remote bay/coves/beaches for some additional privacy.
My friend and I really enjoyed our trip and will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont