“Not as good as reputed” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Tampa, Florida
“Not as good as reputed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

The original Italian restaurant in Bermuda has temporarily closed (after 30 years+) and is re-opening soon under new ownership. I hope it improves! Our last visit was pretty disappointing, they had only Indian bottled beer ($$), all Indian staff and average food. Service was good, but there was nothing authentic about the place and certainly not Italian in feel.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Bermuda
“So sad to see it go! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We loved this place! Very sad to see it all empty and I hope the new restaurant is as good. I also hope the original staff are kept on as they were lovely.

Sykesville, Maryland
“Quiet Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stopped here for a quiet late lunch after walking and exploring in Hamilton. The restaurant is a short walk from the #7 bus stop. We were seated promptly and service was outstanding. I had the Bermuda Fish Chowder with rum - it was excellent. My wife had vegetable soup which was also very good. We both shared a frozen lemon sorbet for dessert.
All-in-all, we definitely recommend Tio Pepe for a nice casual lunch.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, New York
“Nice food, friendly staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We tried the Wahoo fish and a special of suckling pig that they had on offer. My partner had the fish and thought it was very good but the portion size of the meal as compared to the price was lacking. The pig was good but a bit too fatty for me. This isn't a knock in the food as it's the first time I've had the dish anywhere so I don't have anything to compare it to.
The staff was very friendly and service was smooth.

Although I thought it was a bit overpriced for what you get, I'd recommend it to a friend.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Fantastic meal and great service at Tio Pepe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

By the name you would think this is a Mexican place, but the Italian food here is fantastic. Had great clams in a garlicky white wine sauce, and spiny lobster was in season, so I took advantage of the opportunity. WOW. This baby was huge and delicious. I had a lobster "hangover" the next day. Dominic, our server, was wonderful and took good care of us. Lots of regulars and locals who know the score. We had a great conversation with the couple at the next table, who were visiting from the Bahamas. Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013