“Paradise Found (on a budget)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Serendipity Guest Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paget Parish
Serendipity Guest Apartments
Save Saved
You added Serendipity Guest Apartments to your Saves list
6 Rural Dr., PG 06, Bermuda   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Paget Parish B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Paradise Found (on a budget)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

At $135 per night for four nights over Labor Day weekend (early September), my girlfriend and had a great time at the Serendipity Guesthouse and I am reluctant to even share this absolute gem for all my tripadvsior friends who are budget-conscious and/or independent travelers. I am surprised there are not more reviews of this place. I look forward to returning.

Location
It's located off the main South Rd in Paget Praish. There is a bus stop right below the house (the house sits on a small hill) with service by the 2,7, and 8 lines. Hamilton is literally a 12 minute bus ride away. The South shore beaches (Horseshoe, Warwick) are 18 minute bus ride away. Taxis regularly stream down the South Rd (we never tried hailing them but I suspect that would work). The Guesthouse also sits on the famed Railway Trail, great for hiking, decent for biking (parts are rocky, parts have barriers every mile or so, causing you to have to lift over the bike). The Grape Bay Beach (private, only for nearby residences like the Guesthouse) is about a 15 minute walk. The half-mile beach is clean, although the sand is not too pinkish. There is a grocery store about 15 minutes away and a fastfood like place called Ice Paget (open till 4am). When talking with taxis, just tell them that the guesthouse is near Ice Paget. The neighborhood was definitely safe.

Lodging
The guesthouse has two studio apartments in a structure that is about 20 feet away from the owners' house. One whole side of the structure is composed of long, floor-to-ceiling, glass windows, part of which function as a sliding door, in and out of the apartment (long drapes hang inside that can be completely pulled over, so there is complete privacy). Despite having a family with a baby next door, the studio apartment was pretty quiet (except for the tree frogs but they are everywhere in Bermuda). You can not hear any of the traffic. The furnishings are homey, modest and comfortable and all of it was clean. Not much in the way of style. Plenty of towels were provided. The water pressure was good and hot. The kitchen was stocked with the essentials (but lacked salt, cooking spray/oil, and sugar). The only disappointment was the fickle and little-functioning wifi.

Owners
The owners, Judy and Albert, are a very nice older couple. They picked us up from the airport for USD 25 (about the same as a normal taxi that we used on our return trip) and also gave us a lift to a nearby restaurant for free. They also purchased grocery items that we suggested. This meant we had cold beer waiting and all the stuff necessary to make breakfast the next morning. They were very sweet and easy to deal with. They were also knowledgeable about the area/island. They have been renting out the apartment for over 30 years.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bologna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

cheap, nice and clean apartment in a very quiet location, just few steps from the bus stop, in walking distance to many sites (beaches, grocery, take-out restaurant). But the best of all all the owners: Judy and Albert, very friendly and willling to aswer questions, offer sugestions and assure that visitors are well taken care of.I really thank them for all the did for us! We'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Saint Thomas, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

February 16 - March 12, 2013 - We have stayed at Serendipity at least five times and it never lets us down, always clean and tidy. Judy and Albert are the best host and hostess, always accommodating. The location is perfect, bus stop at end of steps, little fast food store and pharmacy a two min. walk,(food is great especially the fish dinner) and a 15 min walk to grocery store.
Definitely will return. L & K, Ontario Canada

Room Tip: Bring some groceries, ex. coffee and filters, cereal, crackers, cookies. as the groceries are not c...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Melfort, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

My husband and I just arrived home from a 10 day stay at Serendipity with 2 other couples. Albert and Judy were the perfect hosts, very welcoming and ready to answer any question we had. The apartments are well set up with all the kitchen requirements and we made all of our breakfasts and a couple of dinners. There's a safe in 2 of the apartments to keep all your valuables, a closet and dresser to unpack into and seating to relax in after a day of exploring. We had a king size bed in apartment B and slept like babies it's so comfortable. We loved the private patio area in front of the apartments for visiting and soaking up the sunshine. Serendipity is very conveniently located just steps away from the bus stop in either direction, a short walk to the grocery store and Grape Bay Beach. We spent an afternoon at Horseshoe Beach which is beautiful but if you are looking for a quiet relaxing beach go to Grape Bay. Chances are you may have the entire beach to yourself and the sand is the softest I've ever walked on. Some in our group also enjoyed the pool at the apartments and the view from the deck is amazing.
Albert and Judy Corday are true islanders and will ensure your stay is a memorable one. We can't wait to go back.

Sorry my pictures uploaded out of sequence.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Albert & Judy Corday made an already beautiful island even more spectacular. Booking with Judy was easy, fast, and convenient. She went out of her way to make sure we were comfortable with the arrangements and was very pleasant to work with.

When my husband and I arrived Albert was at the airport waiting for us with a very warm greeting. He was kind enough to give us a little tour (with history lesson :-) )and take us to the post office to pick up tickets for us to use public transportation... took us to the grocery store... and gave us a ride into town. I can go on and on about all of the kind things he did... he really went out of his way. HIS HOSPITATLITY WAS SO EXTRAORDINARY THAT I THOUGHT I WAS VISITING WITH A VERY CLOSE FRIEND!

What a great VALUE this place was. We saved hundreds of dollars compared to staying in a traditional hotel. Serendipity is clean, quiet and has all of the comforts of home! The apartment we stayed in had ample space, a great kitchen and sitting area. We even had a patio on the side of the apartment where we enjoyed breakfast while looking at the beautiful flowers and listening to the birds. There is a grill that you can use to cook also. We also liked that there was a safe in the room for our valuables.

THE BEST PART ABOUT SERENDIPITY FOR ME is the location:
Serendipity is located in a community (I forget the name) which has access to a PRIVATE BEACH. Pink sand and blue water as far as the eye can see. One morning my husband and I made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and headed to the beach to watch the sunrise at 6:30a.m. There was never more than 2 other people on this beach that stretched at least a mile. It was the kind of scene that DREAMS are made of. My husband and I are world travelers (and my husband was born and raised in Nassau, Bahamas) so it takes a lot to impress us!

This guest house is not far from the downtown area. The bus which picks you up right in front of Serendipity is efficient. I do recommend renting a moped for at least one day. My husband and I got one on the last day and had a blast. We wished we had did it sooner. The island is so small you can go around the entire place in a few hours.

I really could write more...

My husband and I will return and we have already passed along our good reviews to family and friends who plan on visiting!

Thank you Judy and Albert !!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in Unit A
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

Albert and Judy Corday operate Serendipity. They rent out two apartments on their home's property. My wife and I stayed there for five nights. Judy was extraordinarily helpful and generous the entire time. When we arrived, she told us that if we were ever stranded on the island late at night for some reason, we could call her - "like our mom" - and she'd come get us. She cleaned our apartment halfway through our stay without our suggestion, because she saw our towels hung up outside (it was humid, and they weren't drying inside). She gave us two free bus tickets to get us started, and she had some breakfast food in our room our first night because our flight arrived very late. All in all, a very thoughtful host with the best price in Bermuda. Fifteen minute walk to Elbow Beach, fifteen minute walk to Hamilton. I would definitely recommend this to most anyone.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
ct
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

I have been to Bermuda many times, but this was my first stay at Serendipity Guest Apartments. The room was very adequate for me and my friend. It has a nice kitchen area with a microwave that was great as we cooked in most breakfasts and snacks.
The owners are very nice and informative about the island. We were able to use the swimming pool every day. The location is very convenient to the beaches as well as Hamilton.
I would definitely recommend Serendipity!

• Liked — Friendly owners and convenient to activities
  • Disliked — Road often busy
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Serendipity Guest Apartments? Share your experiences!