I am a frequent traveler to Bermuda an have stayed at Grape Bay four time previously. I've noticed a decline in service, cleaniness and food options each year but still found the hotel to be one of the best values on the island. However, my last visit in August will be my last visit to this hotel until they are under new management. Here my quick list of unnacceptable experiences:
1. The hotel restaurant was closed eventhough the on-line literature showcased it. Having a restaurant on-site is more than a "nice to have" option since the hotel is not within walking distant for meals.
2. The breakfast was once a highlight of the hotel with scones, cheeses, various juices, etc. In August, our options were a loaf of bread, peanut butter and cold cereal. The worst part was that for two days, the breakfast area / living room was OVERRUN with ANTS and the staff took no actions to spray the area and/or provide the guest with other food choices.
3. The beach associated with the hotel had been washed away. We ended up "trespassing" on the private beach next to the Grape Bay beach.
4. 50-75% of the time that we returned from an evening out or needed a taxi, the front desk staff was missing or "busy" doing something that prevented them from providing immediate assistance. Because of the isolation of this hotel, I would prefer 24 hour security.
5. On vacations, I like to sleep late (11-12 noon). The cleaning staff was inflexible regarding a late cleanup and made it clear that I was inconveniencing them if my vacation schedule did not match their work schedule.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Grape Bay Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grape Bay Beach Paget
- Hotel Grape Bay Beach
- Grape Bay Beach Hotel Bermuda/Paget Parish