“A Gem!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Little Pomander Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paget Parish
Little Pomander Guest House
You added Little Pomander Guest House to your Saves list
16 Pomander Road | Box HM 384, PG 05, Bermuda   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Paget Parish B&B and Inns
“A Gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed at LITTLE POMANDER again this year...its a perfect, small inn located near Hamilton.

Rooms are spacious, clean and run well (Pat, the Manager is a dream to deal with)

continue to Highly Recommend!

David & Vicki Greve

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011 via mobile

The Little Pomander Hotel in Bermuda is a charming guest house. The location is excellent as it is within walking distance to Hamilton. The rooms are simple, yet comfortable. The backyard is on the Harbour and commands lovely views... Perfect for cocktail hour.... (Having a fridge in the room
Is a huge plus) ... The rates are very low ( by Bermuda standards ) which makes Little Pomander an excellent value!

• Stayed August 2011
poole united kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

My wife and I stayed in Little Pomander in November 1992. OK, rather a long time ago (How do you get this date on the computer ?) but our stay in Bermuda was fantastic - our enjoyment of our 12 days really enhanced by Little Pomander itself, where Mrs Pat couldn't do enough to make our stay comfortable and enriching. We thought it was good value, all said. It was also great for us comparative "oldies" to meet so many friendly youngsters mainly, I remember, from Canada and the US of A. The sound of cicadas at night and kiskadee birds during the day... ! We loved the little grey parakeet (I think) , a pet of one of the cleaning ladies. We were so glad we stayed here, rather than in some impersonal, pricey hotel. Can't wait to revisit "Prospero's Island " ! From Chris and Brenda Pelly, Parkstone, Dorset, England

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Cape Town is home
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

(I did write this the other day but I think I submitted it incorrectly or not at all)

I can only agree with the previous reviewer's comments in respect of the rooms and can add nothing other than to say that we felt the room most unwelcoming due to the musty smell and lack of air. Altogether quite horrible. We were also told that it might not be safe to sleep with the windows open - something that could be rectified by putting burglar bars on them. However I appreciate that Pat was honest enough to tell us that there was a possible security issue.

On the positive side, Pat is a delightful hostess willing to share her outstanding knowledge of the island with her guests and her information was very useful.

Little Pomander is conveniently situated for the island's bus routes, and just a few minutes walk into Hamilton with all its restaurants and other attractions. The view from the back lawn over the sound is lovely and sitting out there was one of the property's most attractive features.

The property was not designed as guest accommodation and is not ideal but with a little TLC and some money spent on it , could be fantastic. Many of the fixtures and fittings in the room needed replacing.

As it stands it is good value on an expensive island, but I would not recommend it for a long stay.

• Liked — Comfortable bed
  • Disliked — Musty and dank
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2008

My sister and I stayed at the Little Pomander guest house last week as we were in town to celebrate Cup Match. The location of the building is perfect. You can take a leisurely walk to Front Street or lounge in the backyard and enjoy the views of the ships in the harbor. Those 2 things are basically the best part. For $150USD a night I expected a little more. The room was rundown and smelled horribly musty. We were warned not to sleep with the windows open (safety reasons) but we had no choice due to the smell. The paint was chipped, walls bruised, tiles cracked. The bath towels smelled musty as well. Also, the phone worked on occasion. The continental breakfast is basically a help yourself from our community fridge upstairs deal consisting of breads and jams. We stayed in room 5. I peaked across the hall into the adjacent room and it didn't look any better. With some updating this place would be well worth the money.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — aethetics
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2007

I won a trip from my church and decided to go to Bermuda. I wanted to visit an Island that was not as popular as people trying to go the the Bahamas, Jamaica, or Mexico. I took the trip during he first week in May '07'.

From all of the research that I did, the hotels are VERY! expensive and I found the guest houses to be a better deal. I found The Little Pomander and thought it would be a good choice for stay.

I read a previous review on Trip Advisor from a guy saying that they were placed in a completely different guest house and how horrible it was. This made me nervous, but I spoke to Pat the owner and let her know the review was out there. When I got to Bermuda, I did not experience that at all!

We were required by Pat to send the flight information at the time we booked the room. At first I thought it was because they wanted to make sure that we were comming. I admit to being a little leary about booking travel with a place that was not a huge establishment, plus the negative review on Trip Advisor. I came to find out that Pat was really asking for the flight information to make sure that someone would be at the guest house to greet you. I was getting nervous on the plane with the whole idea of someone not being at the house because of how late we got in.

Our flight did not get into Bermuda until around 7pm. After going thru customs, which was not bad, we did not get to the guest house until around 8:30. We were greeted by Pat and she was very friendly.

She imediately gave us a couple of maps and took us to Hamilton, that was all of five minutes drive away to take us to get something to eat and to get calling cards becuase our cell phone provider did not have the service available like they promised. Good old T-mobile. We had to have a relative in the states make a big fuss to get our phones on the next day.

The next morning, Pat called our room to make sure she was able to give us the instructions about how to get around in the city. She went over the bus routes and all of the activites that were open on that day. The bus is the cheapest route of transportation. Buy a pass at the airport if you can. You can get to each tip of the island by bus.

Anyway, I had traveled to Jamaica before and I knew not to have my expectations to high for island accomodations. They tend to not have the most up to date accomodations all the time. If you are not expecting the Ritz then you will be more than fine at the Little Pomander.

The house was small and older in style. We ended up with room number 6 I think. It is the room you have to go thru the kitchen to get to. The room had a horrible mildew smell to me. It was likely because it is so humid in Bermuda the circulation may not have been that great in that room for some reason.

There is one other huge suite in the main house that I believe was room number 10. It just so happened that the morning after we were there, the couple that was in that room left. We called Pat and asked for that room and got the better room at no additional charge. I am pretty sure that if we booked the same room with the king size bed initially, we would have spent a little more.You are also only one of two rooms in the main house so you feel like you have the whole house to yourself. All of the other rooms had to be accessed from the outside, rear of the house.

Either way, the room would be worth the upgrade. You get a king size bed, the look of a fireplace, a refrigerator (old but who cares it serves the purpose) and a beautiful view of the harbor.

Pat says you can't use the kitchen to cook because they don't have insurance for that. We cooked spagetti anyway. It can get expensive always eating out. The prices are comparable to eating out in the states. If you clean good enough they will never know. :) Besides if you end up in the house by yourself because the guest are not in the other room, who is going to tell?

The continental breakfast was beagals, juice,milk and coffee in the morning. You get the key to the main house so you really have access to the kitchen all night.

The hotel is close to the end of the harbor so it is the only reason that walking to Hamilton is an option if you don't take the bus. Pat also showed us the short cut to use to get to the nearest bus line. The walk to hamilton was about 15 minutes. We ended up doing this walk many times. We were there for 8 days.

The Island was beautiful, the stay at the Pomander was cool, and we had a great relaxing time. The people of the island are very friendly, so was the lady that cleans the Pomander. The islanders blow their horns and go out of their way to speak to you all the time.

Plan your activities ahead of time if you can for dolphin quest and any massages you try to get. The large hotels booked up pretty quickly for massages. I ended up going to this cool place in hamilton for a hot stone massage. Great experience. Can't wait to go back to Bermuda for another visit.

• Liked — The price and the location.
  • Disliked — No pool and could stand some updating.
  • Stayed May 2007
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2007

Little Pomander is conveniently located within walking distance of downtown Hamilton (about a 20 minute walk) and is 5 minutes from the bus stop, with access to several different bus lines. It is not fancy but provides a comfortable place to stay. We stayed in room 2, which did not face the water and could definitely use updating. The breakfast is a "help yourself" from the refrigerator, which is stocked with bread, bagels and various spreads for the bread and juice. If you're looking for a reasonably priced (by Bermuda standards) and convenient place to stay with few frills, this is it .

• Liked — the location
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Little Pomander Guest House? Share your experiences!