Dawkins Manor is like staying with your aunt. Celia Dawkins was very welcoming and accommodating, always there to help. The night we arrived, it was late. It had been a long day of travel. Celia was gracious enough to bring us fruit and milk, to go with the cookies that we had brought for our late night snack. Dawkins is the Bermuda experience; simple, very modest and laid-back. Our family rented the 2 bedroom suite for 4 nights and the efficiency suite for 1 night. It felt like home. We cooked our breakfast and dinners there and walked to Elbow beach for sunset (5 minutes) and one last ride on the waves. The Manor is located in the middle of the island, which is great. Every convenience is just down the road; the Modern Mart grocery store, the bus stop, scooter rental, the Paraquet restaurant “diner type” or resort dinning at the beach, and even the railroad trail. We even walked to Hamilton from Dawkins Manor (maybe not the best idea). If you are looking for the Marriott or Hilton experience, you will not find that here. Although, Celia will do everything to meet your expectations, right down to the white bath robes in each room. We enjoyed a wonderful family experience here and send out a very big thank you to Celia for making us feel like her only guest. We left Bermuda really knowing the people and the way of life there. We should all learn to appreciate the culture of others in this way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dawkins Manor provides visitors a "Home away from Home." Each suite has a fully operational kitchen, there is barbeque on pool deck as well as portable ones in store should several guest need to cook out at the same time. We pride ourselves in keeping our guest "SAFE" with modern Security devices, plenty of lights around the property, an electronic gate and a watch dog. Our state-of-the-art generator powers the entire property during power outages so our guests are never without electricity. Chauffeuring our guest on a rainy day or getting them to their appointments on time when taxis are not available or late or taking them to the airport is one of the owner's greatest pleasures; anything to keep her guest happy. Quiet, serene, peaceful, safe, hospitable and homely is Dawkins Manor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Dawkin's Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dawkins Manor Paget
- Dawkins Manor Hotel Paget
- Dawkin's Manor Bermuda/Paget Parish