“The location makes up for its imperfections!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coco Reef Resort Bermuda

You added Coco Reef Resort Bermuda to your Saves list
Coco Reef Resort Bermuda
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3 Stonington Circle, South Shore Road, PG 04, Bermuda (Formerly Stonington Beach Hotel)   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Paget Parish
Darien, Connecticut
“The location makes up for its imperfections!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed here 6 times since it was the Stonington there are many observations. Upon arrival we started to notice the deterioration of the hotel- roof needs painting, fountains off, flags not flying, buildings need painting and please fix the wooden stairs, also black mold off the swimming pool area. The room, oceanfront, we were happy to see new luxurious sheets and duvet! The old mildew flower comforter was gone! And new pillows! The A/C/heat unit was blowing mildew odor and was quite sickening, but maintenance turned the unit off and we aired it out.
The TV was bigger, lots of channels and wifi worked pretty well!
I felt horrible for the sweet feral cats who were starving to death. Happily they ate well while we spent the week!!
I hope they are neutered.
So by mid week, we noticed less and less of the imperfections and relaxed and enjoyed this beautiful spot. Nothing can compete with the location on the beach.
We have given up on new furniture in the rooms and new decor. It is what it is and we love it year after year, despite it's imperfections!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Ken W, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Greetings from all your friends at Coco Reef Bermuda.

It is always wonderful for us to have old friends visiting us once again and it was our pleasure to welcome you back to Coco Reef Bermuda.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and for giving us the opportunity to address your concerns. I can only say we are extremely passionate about making our guests experience the best it can be, and have put forward a significant emphasis on this important area.

Notwithstanding this, all feedback is most welcome and is always used in a constructive way, so we will absolutely take on board your comments. I sincerely hope that the next time you visit us you give us another opportunity to show you our progress.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to “Bermuda’s Best Beach Resort”.

With best regards,

Ken Watson.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We just returned from a wonderful trip to bermuda and a fantastic stay at the coco reef resort. The resort is beautiful with its pleasing decor, panoramic ocean views, and well maintained tropical grounds. The staff are professional and friendly and helpful beyond measure. We began each day to the songs of a chorus of birds and a great breakfast at their restaurant. Then off to explore the island only to return at night and drift off to sleep to the sounds of the ocean lapping at the pink sandy beach. Paradise!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ken W, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Greetings from Coco Reef Bermuda!

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us here in “Our own Little Corner of Paradise”.

I especially appreciate that you acknowledged that my staff was friendly and helpful. Thank you so much for recognizing them.

It was our pleasure having you as a guest of Coco Reef Bermuda. We are thrilled you had a wonderful time, and had the opportunity to enjoy the ambience and all that we have to offer.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Paradise at “Bermuda’s Best Beach Resort”.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were looking for a place to get away with our two little ones (5 and 1) over New Years. We were able to get a cheap direct flight from NYC (2 hours!) and after much research decided on Coco Reef due to the ocean-front rooms and reasonable rates and we were not disappointed. Bermuda is a pricey island, but we were able to shop a bit at the nearby supermarket and take cabs into town regularly.

The time we spent on the resort property was extremely relaxing. Our room was on the ground-level and it was like having the beach as your backyard. The pool was heated (necessary, as it was a bit chilly in January) and Ken and his team were EXTREMELY attentive hosts and took excellent care of us. We ate at the restaurant some, but it was a bit expensive, and the menu didn't change much, so I would recommend planning to eat in town a good bit. Otherwise, wouldn't change a thing!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about your vacation with us, and we greatly appreciate that you found Coco Reef to be luxurious but also affordable.

We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at Coco Reef, and you obviously appreciated why we are known as "Bermuda's Best Beach Resort".

All our rooms do have perfect ocean views and as you stated, just a few feet from the magnificent and tranquil beach.

My team and I always try to make every guest feel special, and comments such as yours makes all our efforts feel appreciated.

We hope to see you again soon, and we promise that we will not change a thing.

Best regards,

Northallerton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Just returned from a 7 day stay at Coco Reef. We chose it because it was situated right on the beach and it certainly met our expectations! Our room was very comfortable, useful to have a fridge and coffee machine …… we loved being able to listen and watch the sea, also walk along the beautiful beach. As it was the off season the weather unfortunately had bad days but we found the bus service brilliant and took off to visit some of the attractions on the island. The hotel staff were lovely - couldn't have been more helpful! Everything was spotlessly clean although we did have quite a few ants coming in but on a ground floor room with patio doors!!! - they didn't bother us much so that is a minor complaint! We enjoyed our week of relaxation and would certainly return, perhaps at a different time of year!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ken W, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and sharing your experience with us.

We are thrilled you had a wonderful time, and also had the opportunity to enjoy all that Bermuda has to offer. I especially appreciate that you acknowledged that my staff was friendly and helpful.

It was our pleasure having you as a guest of Coco Reef Bermuda and we hope to see more people from Northallerton in "Sunny North Yorkshire" visiting us. If you happen to pass by The Fleece Inn please pop in and say hello.

Thank you once again for posting your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to “Bermuda’s Best Beach Resort”.

Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I came here to celebrate my birthday in September 2012. The only thing I had on my agenda for my birthday was to wake up in a ocean side hotel room and stare at the sea. I chose Coco Reef Resort in Bermuda because it fit the bill and was within my budget.

I am one who likes to run around all morning, day, and night and explore places. My room is for relaxing at the end of the day, sleeping, showering, etc. I am a basic person who does not travel to places to sit in my room and watch tv and eat room service all day. If you can't do anything on your own and need constant overwhelming service, feel free to book a room at 2 to 3 times the rate next door at Elbow Beach Resort. They have a spa and an overpriced bar or something. If that's your thing, then don't bother staying at Coco Reef Resort.

So for me, this place was perfect. I got to wake up early and watch the sunrise (my profile picture is a sunset from the beach in front of my room - pretty good view from the east side of the island!) and listen to the ocean. When I arrived, I was taken down to my room in a cart by a very nice gentleman. He showed me around my room, asked if I had any questions, and went along his way. The front desk was extremely nice and quick with the check-in process as well.

My only slight complaint - booking the room was a bit of a pain, but once that went through everything else was fine.

I went for breakfast in the restaurant and it was pretty lacking - the price you pay is not worth it. Try seeking out other places/options, as there are several on the island. Speaking of, RENT A SCOOTER FROM ELBOW BEACH. It's pricey but 100% worth it and better than relying on the (reliable, clean, but shuts down in the early evening) bus/ferry service. Again, it's not cheap but if you want the full experience of Bermuda, you need to invest in this!

Overall this is clean, relaxing hotel. The beach in front is for sunbathing but I wouldn't swim in the ocean - I found it pretty rough at this part of the island. I wasn't there to swim but to enjoy the view. No worries, since you can easily hop on the bus (or your scooter, which you should again have) and cruise up the road to Horseshoe Bay.

Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: An oceanside room is a must!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Ken W, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Greetings from Coco Reef Bermuda, and thank you so much for your wonderful comments.

We are all so happy that you really enjoyed your time with us, and delighted that you found that we were perfectly suited to your own personal needs.

We are fortunate in being located in an ideal setting, with a spectaular view of the ocean, but also close to all the other attractions Bermuda has to offer.

We hope that you return to visit us again one day soon.

Best regards,

Hartford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We just returned from a 10 day stay at Coco Reef for our anniversary. We were there during the off season so it was extremely quiet. Of course that also meant that the weather wasn't great. But not the hotel's fault! The hotel is reasonably priced for a beachfront (beautiful beachfront) hotel and is very well maintained with beautiful grounds. The staff were exceptionally nice and helpful. The young ladies at the front desk were particularly helpful with transportation, etc. The rooms were very nice and clean. The housekeeping staff did an excellent job of cleaning our room. The hotel is back away from the busy street so it is very quiet. It is a short walk to a grocery store to stock up on snacks and drinks. It is very convenient to the bus stops. The cab ride into Hamilton for dinners and shopping is relatively short and they have free greens fees at a nearby golf course. And, the food in the restaurant was excellent and the service was very good. But a little pricey and a small menu. Overall, a very good place to stay for a romantic vacation. Exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: The oceanfront rooms are the best.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and for sharing your experience with us.

We are all delighted that you chose Coco Reef Bermuda to celebrate your anniversary, and had such a wonderful time with us. I especially appreciate that you acknowledged that my staff was friendly and helpful, and they all said to say hello.

With warm regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

5 day stay during the off season so the hotel was very quiet which was nice. Beautiful beach view from the room. Weather was not that conducive for water activity but my husband did have a swim in the crystal blue ocean and in the very warm, clean pool.
-the grounds are beautiful and well kept.
-near the bus stop so easy access to other locations on the island.
-short walk to local Modern Mart supermarket and there's a fridge in the room which is handy so you don't have to eat at the restaurant every meal.
-the restaurant is average but adequate and not any more expensive than restaurants in town and reflects the cost of food in general on the island (a dozen eggs:$4 and a loaf of basic white bread 6 bucks!-not sure how people afford to live here)
-the rooms are comfortable: bed comfortable. Bathroom not luxurious but clean and good for going to the bathroom and taking a shower ;-) We did have a minor ant infestation coming in from the balcony door which may bother some folks but the rooms are outside (as opposed to in a large highrise) so having a few critters come in from the wet grass after the rain isn't a crazy notion and doesn't reflect the cleanliness of the facility. (We also didn't complain about it so I don't know what the response would be) Iron and hairdryer in room.
-staff are friendly and ready to answer questions. We and our bags were shuttled by golf cart to our room and the guy didn't even linger for a tip that we were prepared to give. We were given an envelope with info about the island, places to go, maps, bus schedule etc.
-I guess many people noticed the art: carribean style portraits of women's faces with huge eyes and complexions of all unnatural colors. The one in our room was unnerving initially but you get used to it after a while. We had some good laughs about it. I guess it speaks to the artist that his/her work creates such a strong reaction and gets noticed! Whether you like it is another story...

I would stay here again but would come when it's warmer so we could take advantage of the beautiful, pristine beach and not just watch it from the bed (which wasn't bad either).

• Stayed March 2013
Greetings from everyone at Coco Reef Bermuda.

The entire team here at Coco Reef joins with me to thank you for taking the time to post your comments, and for your kind review of our resort.

I particularly appreciated the detail in your observations, and your honest opinion of your vacation in Bermuda and our resort.

I am so glad to hear that you really appreciated our location in a relaxed atmosphere, and that you found our staff to be friendly and courteous.

Thank you also for your excellent recommendation, and we look forward to welcoming you back to “Bermuda’s Best Beach Resort”.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paget Parish
Elbow Beach, Bermuda
Elbow Beach, Bermuda
#4 of 6 in Paget Parish
4.0 of 5 stars 698 reviews

Been to Coco Reef Resort Bermuda? Share your experiences!